Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycarediva Flower Station
SquirrellyMama 07:47 AM 05-17-2013
Daycarediva I set up a flower station and my kids love it including my 11 yr old dd She's hogging it right now Thanks for the idea!

Sorry, that should have been daycarediva not daycaredive. Fixed it

K
Lianne 08:12 AM 05-17-2013
I'd love to see a photo!
JoseyJo 10:25 AM 05-17-2013
I was just talking to hubby this morning about a flower station- Yes, pictures please!!
kelsey's kids 11:46 AM 05-17-2013
Set up our yesterday kids love it. What do you all have in yours?
CedarCreek 11:52 AM 05-17-2013
I did one too!

I have potting soil, 3 plastic buckets, 2 pairs of kid gloves, one watering can and 4 gardening tools and a bunch of fake flowers. They LOVE it!
daycarediva 12:59 PM 05-17-2013
Awwww I am SO glad they love it!

In my station are: a few pair of kids gardening gloves, various sizes of plastic pots, kidded tupperware with gardening soil, plastic trowels, lots of fake greenery & flowers.
SquirrellyMama 01:16 PM 05-17-2013
Here are 3 pics. It isn't huge because I only have 2 dck's. I bought a sandbox shovel, trowel and rake. I couldn't find any kids gardening stuff at Walmart. I'll have to check Dollar General. There are some flower pot liners and some fake flowers. I only show one flower in the picture.

The first picture is the closed up tub. The 2nd is the tub and tools. The third is a potted flower.

I have some small kids' work gloves also, not pictured.

K
Attached: flower station 1.jpg (21.6 KB) flower station 2.jpg (28.7 KB) flower station 3.jpg (27.5 KB) 
Lyss 01:35 PM 05-17-2013
I'm totally doing this next week!
countrymom 02:25 PM 05-17-2013
I bought stuff yesterday. I couldn't find small shovels so I bought spoons. I just need to get some pots and thats it.
Happy Hearts 04:21 PM 05-17-2013
I just did one too!! Thanks for the idea. The only fake flowers I had were poinsettias, so those are in there until I can get to the dollar store tomorrow. The kids LOVED it!
Laurel 04:47 PM 05-17-2013
I'm going to do it too for the summer. It is such a cool idea!

Another thing I've done that is similar is to have small vases (the kind for a single rose) and to have little flowers to arrange in them. Then the children put them on the tables or wherever. I learned that one from a daycare I used to work in.

Laurel
SquirrellyMama 04:58 PM 05-17-2013
Originally Posted by Laurel:
I'm going to do it too for the summer. It is such a cool idea!

Another thing I've done that is similar is to have small vases (the kind for a single rose) and to have little flowers to arrange in them. Then the children put them on the tables or wherever. I learned that one from a daycare I used to work in.

Laurel
That sounds like a good idea. The kids could take turns each day being the florist
LK5kids 02:40 AM 05-18-2013
Very Cool! I did see some kid's gardening stuff at a wal-mart near me......I will have to check it out and then the dollar store too! Very FUN!
rmc20021 05:21 AM 05-18-2013
I'm going to do this also. I have tubs with sand and some with fill dirt but I think I'll get some regular potting soil (don't think that's as messy as the fill dirt) and let them go at it.

This is going to be such a fun summer...I hope (if I can replace the last sa kid I'll have)
Lianne 05:49 AM 05-18-2013
Originally Posted by SquirrellyMama:
Here are 3 pics. It isn't huge because I only have 2 dck's. I bought a sandbox shovel, trowel and rake. I couldn't find any kids gardening stuff at Walmart. I'll have to check Dollar General. There are some flower pot liners and some fake flowers. I only show one flower in the picture.

The first picture is the closed up tub. The 2nd is the tub and tools. The third is a potted flower.

I have some small kids work gloves also, not pictured.

K
I couldn't quite picture it until I saw the pictures. How cute!
Jewels 10:44 AM 05-18-2013
Love it, I'm doing that this weekend!
Luna 03:51 PM 05-18-2013
Ours is now set up and ready to surprise the kids on Tuesday Thanks for such a fun and simple idea!!!
DaycareMama 04:45 PM 05-18-2013
I just went and bought stuff too! Very excited Just need the soil. Figures the $1 store stops selling it when I finally want it

Are you using soil or beans? Something else? I have a mixed age group and the table is available to all. Also have a lot of kids where everything goes in the mouth
Luna 10:04 AM 05-21-2013

spud912 02:30 PM 05-21-2013
Originally Posted by Luna:
I love it!
Tags:flower station, flowers, gardening
Reply Up