Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Infant Sleeping Issues
MommyMuffin 11:56 AM 02-09-2011
I have a part time infant here in the afternoon about 5 hours. He does not sleep and is fussy and loud during nap time. Which normally I wouldnt mind but I have other dcks and another infant starting soon.

I need the "nap time" to clean up and get ready for the afternoon, eat lunch take care of new itty bitty baby. DCB is 5 months and I know he is too young for "nap time" but how long would you say it takes to get an infant on an afternoon nap time? 8 months???

The reason I am asking is because I know he takes naps for his parents in the morning and if he does not nap here at all when he comes I may term him and find a fulltime replacement so that I can get the baby on a schedule. I am talking about 5 months and older not the itty bitties.
Cat Herder 02:39 PM 02-09-2011
My littles typically take their naps at 10 and 2, pretty naturally, since that is right after their formula bottles.

The pattern started itself years ago, not sure I ever actually scheduled it that way...

My biggers do art, puzzles, felt stories or something of the like during the morning nap and are already asleep when the littles take their afternoon one. (we are all in one room)

They all wake, together, in the afternoon around 3-3:30ish.
SandeeAR 05:01 PM 02-09-2011
By 5/6 months, All mine have been napping 8:30/9:00 - 10:00/10:30 and again at 1:00 - 3:00.

My current 6 mo, has a bottle at 7:30, cereal at 8:00 and nap at 9:00

a bottle at 11:30, veggie at 12:30 and nap at 1:00

a bottle at 3:30 and leaves at 4:45.
Tags:infant - sleeping issues, sleep problems
Reply Up