Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ending Varying Rates - Feedback On Letter Please
momofboys 03:07 PM 04-19-2012
I have one family whose DCM is a nurse & her schedule is never the same 2 weeks in a row - I let them pay per day they attend instead of requiring a set weekly fee so basically they are getting a deal. This fall both of their children will be in school FT but I will provide B & A care for them - still toying with wanting to continue B & A but I think I still want this family

I have decided that in the fall I will require a set amount each week & it will be the same whether they use 1 day or 3 days (their maximum allotment - basically I am making them pay for 3 days each week whether they use them or not, sometimes they only need 2 days). I have drafted a letter (won't be sent for a while) & would like some feedback please. This family also will come to me PT in the summer so this could affect whether they come in the summer; however, I would not be super-hurt or $$$$ hurt too much if they decide to go elsewhere.

May 15, 2012

Dear DCP:

I will again be available to provide before & after-school care (B & A) for the 2012/2013 school year. I will require a total weekly fee of_____/week for your family. This will permit you to use B & A childcare up to 3 flexible (but scheduled in advance) days/week & includes breakfast & after-school snacks. An additional fee of ******x per day/per family will be required for early school release (typically one day a month) or delayed start days. If there is a no school day (due to inclement weather) there will be an additional fee of ******x per family per day.

***I will no longer be offering a reduced fee or daily rate if you use less than 3 days/week (due to a reduced work week or a sick day you use or the kids use or for any other reason***). As a result, if you only need care 1 or 2 days one week you would still need to pay ******x/week. I also will not give credits toward the next week if you only use 1 or 2 days in one week.

I understand if as a result of these changes you choose to seek out other care options either for the summer or for school year care. Please let me know your plans for the summer & school year no later than May 30, 2012. If I do not hear back from you by May 30th I will assume you will no longer need me for childcare purposes. Whatever your choice please know that I consider it a privilege & joy to watch your children. Thank you!

Me
littlemissmuffet 03:38 PM 04-19-2012
Sounds good, clear and to the point to me.

And good decision, by the way
Reply Up