Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>California regs and services????
MissAnn 05:09 AM 07-05-2013
My sister began working at a charter school in the before/after school program. When I ask her about rules and regs, she does not know about them. She does not get visited by the state or anyone else. She has only been given their handbook. She is the director! She has been paying for food to feed the kinds with her own money. I suggested she contact a food program but she hasn't done that yet. She doesn't know about CCR&R and does not put in any training hours because she doesn't know where to get them. Does anyone have any suggestions for her? Shouldn't they be licensed?
Starburst 06:56 AM 07-05-2013
She should look into Title 22, there is a section about school age care.

http://www.schoolsoutwashington.org/...California.pdf
itlw8 01:21 PM 07-05-2013
No way would I buy snacks our of my own money. Are the children supposed to bring their own snack? She needs to sit down with those who hired her and ask all these questions
MissAnn 01:25 PM 07-05-2013
Originally Posted by itlw8:
No way would I buy snacks our of my own money. Are the children supposed to bring their own snack? She needs to sit down with those who hired her and ask all these questions
I agree!
Crystal 04:55 PM 07-05-2013
Charter schools do not have to be licensed. They run on their own guidelines and are not regulated by the state.
Reply Up