Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
View Poll Results: Are you closed for New Year's Eve??
I'm closed New Year's Eve Only 1 1.61%
I'm closed New Year's Day Only 31 50.00%
I'm closed for both 29 46.77%
I'm open both 1 1.61%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Are You Off New Years Eve, Day, Or Both?
LaLa1923 04:38 AM 11-22-2013
I need to get my holiday schedule together and pass it out for next year.

Are you off New Year's eve, day or both?
Great Beginnings 04:44 AM 11-22-2013
I hand out my holiday/vacation schedule the first of the year also. I'm off

New Years Day
Good Friday
Memorial Day
July 4th
Thanksgiving
Day After
Christmas Day
Day After
Meyou 04:54 AM 11-22-2013
I'm off from Dec.20 until Jan. 2nd.
NeedaVaca 04:57 AM 11-22-2013
I close for Pd Holiday New Years Day only but I almost always take more time off using vacation days. This year I am closed the entire week of Christmas and the entire week of New Years. I saved enough vacation time to take the full 2 weeks off!
VTMom 05:24 AM 11-22-2013
For New Year's, I only close New Year's Day, but we also don't really go out New Year's Eve or do anything other than make a sad attempt to stay up until midnight! If I did have plans, I'd close early at 3:00 (as I do for Christmas Eve) and remain closed New Year's Day.
originalkat 05:32 AM 11-22-2013
I always close the week between Christmas and New Years. So this year I am closed Dec.23-Jan1 and will reopen on Jan 2.

Here are my paid holiday closings:
New Years Day
MLK Day
Presidents Day
Good Friday
Memorial Day
4th of July
Labor Day
Veterans Day
Thanksgiving and day after
Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
Brooksie 05:33 AM 11-22-2013
I'm closed December 24th-Jan 1st. Re open on the 2nd
Blackcat31 06:53 AM 11-22-2013
I close on Friday Dec 20 at 5:00 p.m. and reopen on Thursday Jan 2 at 7:15 a.m.

Other years, I have closed early on New Year's Eve and been closed on New Year's Day

I always try to take the week in between Christmas and New Year's off but depending on how the holiday falls in the week, it seems to change each year.

When I took school agers. I always tried to work as much as possible over that week because I could make some pretty good money but now that I don't take SA'ers, the days I take off are different each.
jenn 07:19 AM 11-22-2013
I used to stay open on New Years Eve, but have found that most families don't really need it. I used to only close Christmas day and New Years Day, but I would be open for only 1 or 2 kids while there parents had free time. I was getting bitter about it. I like spending time with my family too! Now, I close and have my own free days!
jenboo 07:23 AM 11-22-2013
Im closed the whole week with New Years being the only paid day.
My anniversary is on New Years day so I plan on always closing the whole week to celebrate with my hubby.
Annalee 07:53 AM 11-22-2013
Originally Posted by originalkat:
I always close the week between Christmas and New Years. So this year I am closed Dec.23-Jan1 and will reopen on Jan 2.

Here are my paid holiday closings:
New Years Day
MLK Day
Presidents Day
Good Friday
Memorial Day
4th of July
Labor Day
Veterans Day
Thanksgiving and day after
Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
I am closed all of these as well including the Friday before Memorial Day and the day before July 4. I take the week before Labor Day as well.... Can't wait till Christmas Break to be with my own kids...
Country Kids 07:58 AM 11-22-2013
I'm closed New Years Eve/New Years Day. I'm saving my actual vacation days for this summer when its nice/warm and we can actually do something besides sit inside.

I am closed all Federal Holidays though and then have two weeks time to use as I wish.
williams2008 08:21 AM 11-22-2013
Originally Posted by Brooksie:
I'm closed December 24th-Jan 1st. Re open on the 2nd
Me too!!!!
MarinaVanessa 08:31 AM 11-22-2013
I'm open. I don't go out to celebrate during a week night so I don't feel the need to close. I don't like hosting New Year's parties for the fear of having someone be irresponsible and drink too much then leave and drive and get into an accident. I also don't like going out and driving for fear of a drunk driver. A friend of mine that was a radio station DJ was hosting a party for a radio event on New Year's and on his way home was hit by a drunk driver and we lost him. I would just rather avoid doing anything altogether now.
jojosmommy 10:40 AM 11-22-2013
Im closed both days. This year I have dr appointments out of fear that Obamacare will ruin my medical life and insurance.
blandino 10:43 AM 11-22-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I close on Friday Dec 20 at 5:00 p.m. and reopen on Thursday Jan 2 at 7:15 a.m.

This is our exact schedule too. We use our paid personal days to fill in the days that aren't holidays.
AcornMama 10:44 AM 11-22-2013
I'm closed New Years Day only. Hubby will work a full day on New Year's Eve, and we just do a family celebration at home, so there's really no need for time off. Hubby won't even get home until 2.5-3 hours after dc kids leave.

But I'm definitely closed on New Year's Day. Hubby has it off, and nothing is stopping me from laying around all morning sipping coffee and watching the Rose Parade.
Texasjeepgirl 10:44 AM 11-22-2013
I close at 5:30 Friday, December 20
and reopen Thursday, January 2 at 7 a.m.

My PARENT HANDBOOK
lists Christmas Eve
Christmas Day
And December 26...

This year... those dates are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday...

I have a policy in my handbook that if a holiday falls on Tuesday... I will automatically be closed Monday...
If a holiday falls on Thursday.. I will automatically be closed Friday.

With that said..
My handbook also lists New Year's Eve.. and New Year's Day..
and since those dates are Tuesday and Wednesday.. I'm also closed
Monday, December 30...

All FULL PAY

TwinKristi 11:20 AM 11-22-2013
This year I'm closed both because we're going away, but normally I'm only closed New Years Day.
Sunshine74 10:13 PM 11-22-2013
We are only closed New Year's Day, but close early on New Year's Eve.
Reply Up