Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>HELP!!! Sick? Something else?
jojosmommy 10:32 AM 12-27-2013
My darling son has been vomiting intermittently for what seems like ForEVER! ! I haven't ever seen sickness like this.

Last weekend Saturday morning he vomited. Fine all day afterward, no fever, no achee, no chills, no slowing him down at all!

Vomited again in the middle of the night Sunday (technically between sunday and monday overnight). Fine all day Monday but Ive been making him rest. He is wound up, no sick symptoms at all.

Vomited again Christmas Eve, around 9 pm. Again, ate bland diet, no playing etc but only because I am trying to get him well. He wants to play etc.

And again this morning 4am he is up vomiting. NO OTHER symptoms, no throat redness, no fever, eating normally ( well he is STARVING Mom).

So what is this? Normal for 1.5-2 days, then vomiting, but zero other symptoms.

Help!?!
cheerfuldom 10:43 AM 12-27-2013
same thing here. horrendous tummy bug with a break, you think the kids are getting better and then bam, its back.
Unregistered 11:08 AM 12-27-2013
My dd did that for weeks. Found out her DCP was giving ice cream (only constant that was happening). We had her tested, she cannot any longer have ice cream or dairy. Poor thing. it took a while for us to catch it bc I didn't really ask every time what she was eating, you know?
LaLa1923 11:58 AM 12-27-2013
Originally Posted by jojosmommy:
My darling son has been vomiting intermittently for what seems like ForEVER! ! I haven't ever seen sickness like this.

Last weekend Saturday morning he vomited. Fine all day afterward, no fever, no achee, no chills, no slowing him down at all!

Vomited again in the middle of the night Sunday (technically between sunday and monday overnight). Fine all day Monday but Ive been making him rest. He is wound up, no sick symptoms at all.

Vomited again Christmas Eve, around 9 pm. Again, ate bland diet, no playing etc but only because I am trying to get him well. He wants to play etc.

And again this morning 4am he is up vomiting. NO OTHER symptoms, no throat redness, no fever, eating normally ( well he is STARVING Mom).

Help!?!
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
same thing here. horrendous tummy bug with a break, you think the kids are getting better and then bam, its back.

Same thing here!! Doc said it was a new type of stomach bug, comes and goes....
Soccermom 04:46 PM 12-27-2013
Originally Posted by jojosmommy:

Help!?!
DS has been vomiting off an on for about a week now. He started out a week and a half ago with a fever and cough.....he sleeps a good part of the day and just seems completely drained. I had a DCG come in last Monday with this and she ended up being out the rest of the week.
jojosmommy 05:03 PM 12-27-2013
Its making me crazy. He is normal all day, normal one night and puking again the next night. Looks normal, eats, no fever etc.

Has jaded my views of the parents I do have here though because my son was the last to get it, and all the other kids were sick one day, back at care then sick a second time and since haven't been out ill again. Wondering if parents are just sending them anyway since they have no other symptoms, and since they have already been out two times. Not justified but it seems to me that all the kids are sharing the same bug, so why is my kid the only one still throwing up?
sahm1225 05:57 PM 12-27-2013
We had that go through here.
sahm1225 05:59 PM 12-27-2013
Oops, hit enter too quickly!

2 of the kids vomited just once and then were fine. My youngest dd had diarrhea about 3-4 times then was fine. Most of the other kids vomited for about half the day and then were fine. My oldest dd and another dcg vomited a whole day, then were totally fine for two days, then both got sick again (vomiting) for another day. It was horrible!

I hope your little one feels better
Unregistered 07:28 PM 12-27-2013
Make sure he is replacing his electrolytes. As long as he is replacing these by drinking pedialyte and or Gatorade he might be able to get through it. If it goes on and he is getting dehydrated, or not peeing enough and the vomiting is going on for more than a couple days, he needs to be taken in.

My son has been coming down with one illness or another for 2 years from October-February every year. I know it every time because he will have those febrile seizures at every temperature spike. He is only 2.

When you say no fever, sometimes a child can have a low grade fever, or a fever that is high for them. Then some children are sick with no fevers.

That is why that fever rule gets me sometimes with the department of health rules and kids coming in to daycare with parents saying one thing or another. The parents I have are all pretty good at communicating though.
Reply Up