Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Feel Like Poo Today, Why Do I Feel Guilty?
melilley 07:10 AM 01-10-2014
I went to bed last night with a sore throat. I woke up with a sore throat, chills, and my head hurts. The chills and head pressure come and go, which is weird. I'll be ok one minute, then the next I feel pooey, more like run down. Not enough to actually call parents though.

I have 5 kids today and we are supposed to go outside and explore in the snow, but I just can't. I'm letting them have free play and have a choice to watch a show while I sit, but I do get up and interact every once in a while.

Why do I feel so guilty?
Cat Herder 07:19 AM 01-10-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:

Why do I feel so guilty?
Because society tells us we are so lucky to "get" to stay home and "play" with kids all day while they are off working...

Do a citizenship theme "Sick Day". Today we are learning how to be nice, play quietly and show empathy to people we care about when they are sick.

Goal easily met. Feel better.
melilley 07:26 AM 01-10-2014
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Because society tells us we are so lucky to "get" to stay home and "play" with kids all day while they are off working...

Do a citizenship theme "Sick Day". Today we are learning how to be nice, play quietly and show empathy to people we care about when they are sick.

Goal easily met. Feel better.
Thanks!
melilley 07:30 AM 01-10-2014
And to top it off, my dh and I have someone that's going to watch our kids overnight tomorrow so we can get a hotel room with a jacuzzi. I better feel better by then, we've been planning this for ever!
2grls4us 07:32 AM 01-10-2014
I hope you feel better soon. I had to actually close on Jan 2 because I had a stomach virus that hit my daughter and I.

I'm sure the kids are loving the morning of free play and watching shows. We call that lounge day here!
melilley 07:34 AM 01-10-2014
Originally Posted by 2grls4us:
I hope you feel better soon. I had to actually close on Jan 2 because I had a stomach virus that hit my daughter and I.

I'm sure the kids are loving the morning of free play and watching shows. We call that lounge day here!
Thanks! The older kids are enjoying the show! We don't do this very often!
melilley 07:35 AM 01-10-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:
I went to bed last night with a sore throat. I woke up with a sore throat, chills, and my head hurts. The chills and head pressure come and go, which is weird. I'll be ok one minute, then the next I feel pooey, more like run down. Not enough to actually call parents though.

I have 5 kids today and we are supposed to go outside and explore in the snow, but I just can't. I'm letting them have free play and have a choice to watch a show while I sit, but I do get up and interact every once in a while.

Why do I feel so guilty?
No, I only have 4 kids, 4 Lissa! lol I usually have 5 on Fridays...oops
Naptime yet? 10:27 AM 01-10-2014
You need to relax today, you have a big night with hubby tomorrow, don't feel guilty, you know your dcp's wouldn't. Feel better!
mama0609 01:28 PM 01-10-2014
Don't feel guilty! Take some Emergen-C. I swear by that stuff. I take it right when I start to feel crummy and it passes very quickly. Hope you are feeling better for your date night!
Tags:minor illness, sick provider
Reply Up