Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Curriculum>Craft Ideas
LittleCrawfishCC 06:17 PM 09-26-2011
Okay, So all of my school age kids are out for 2 Fridays in a row, I would love to know some (Cheap :-( ) craft ideas to do...My husband just received a pay cut and one of my family is on maternity leave, so I don't have alot to spend.
familyschoolcare 07:17 PM 09-26-2011
here the dollar tree has sun-catcher kits, and wood painting kits. We did the train sun catcher last Friday and the kids all loved it even the 7th grader (after giving him the choice of doing the craft or sitting there looking at it).
sharlan 07:43 PM 09-26-2011
I don't know if you have a Michael's in your area, but I just bought a couple of buckets of Halloween crafts. One I bought made 12 spiders, forgot what the other one made, but whatever it was, it made 12. They were each clearanced out at $4.99, so 24 crafts for $10.
Crystal 08:53 PM 09-26-2011
Give them a bunch of boxes and masking tape. Allow them to bring out markers, paint, etc as they work on it..... See what they do with it.

I have had children create robots, boxing guys, spaceships, airport hangars, ALL their own ideas......and they PLAY for hours
melskids 05:20 AM 09-27-2011
i have junk buckets. they are filled with "loose Parts"...left over wood scraps, collage stuff, broken costume jewelry, pom poms, chenille stems, foam scraps, sticks, rocks, lego pieces, broken toy pieces, pinecones, old keys, you name it. i had a woman at a yard sale give me a HUGE box of crafting supplies she no longer wanted...doll heads and eyes (a little weird, but they love them..lol) yarn, fabric scaps, buttons, wood ladybugs, etc

i cut up boxes, or save cardboard, and let them have at it.

i give them glue guns too....but i'm a little crazy like that

but they spend HOURS glueing stuff and building some really great creations!
Tags:arts and crafts- ideas, crafts
Reply Up