Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Maternity Leave....?
Sprouts 05:11 PM 02-01-2012
So add me to the prego list!

Sooo I just told some of my families I am expecting, well my daughter did! And after they congragulated me I saw the fear over their face wondering if I will close for sure or what I expect to do when I have the baby. I reassured them my 2 assistants will be here and I will be on call when needed, upstairs lol , but is there anything else I should tell them? Or plan for?
bunnyslippers 06:26 PM 02-01-2012
I just told my families that I would be available and in the house, but not directly doing child care. It worked! Congratulations to you ~
Sprouts 06:32 PM 02-01-2012
Thank u!

Did U tell them for how long?
godiva83 06:59 PM 02-01-2012
Congrats
When are you due, how are you feeling?

I am so lucky as I live in Ontario and I receive maternity benifits for a year - so I will be closing down shop.

I think you told them more than enough. Perhaps, write in a newsletter and say I understand some of you are questioning the future of _________ daycare, but rest assured that I have a plan laid out and my assistance are fully capable of maintaining the high standards we all expect.
Sprouts 07:06 PM 02-01-2012
I like that wording thank you!

And sorry you have to be on bed rest some of my friends were on that and I know how hard it can be! Just get Netflix and watch a lot of documentaries and read a lot of good books!
Tags:maternity leave
Reply Up