Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Arbonne
lovemykidstoo 05:26 PM 12-08-2014
I was wondering if anyone here sells Arbonne, have ever thought about it, or know someone that does. I'm looking for ways to bring in money and I love their products, so it only seems natural. My husband owns a hard surface cleaning company (tile, grout, carpet, brick, slate etc) and he goes to a business meeting every Wednesday where there are people from so many different types of businesses. One of them is a woman that in the past year has become a regional vice president. I think I'm going to sit down with her and see about starting up with it. I would still have my daycare, but it would be nice to be out and talking with other adults and making money!!

I should add that if anyone sells anything on the side, Tupperware, Pampered Chef, PartyLite etc I'd like to hear your experience
lovemykidstoo 05:17 AM 12-09-2014
LOL you guys! 55 people read this and noone knows of someone or you yourself don't sell anything on the side like these products? I need some serious advice. Pretty please?
LysesKids 05:25 AM 12-09-2014
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
LOL you guys! 55 people read this and noone knows of someone or you yourself don't sell anything on the side like these products? I need some serious advice. Pretty please?
I just read it this morning, but no, I actually don't know people who sell stuff like this. Me personally, I have a side business making Artisan jams & jellies and I trade with locals for services if they don't have cash.
lovemykidstoo 05:53 AM 12-09-2014
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
I just read it this morning, but no, I actually don't know people who sell stuff like this. Me personally, I have a side business making Artisan jams & jellies and I trade with locals for services if they don't have cash.
That's a great idea!
midaycare 07:28 AM 12-09-2014
I've been hesitating to answer because DH has a big family and it always seems like I never hear from them until they want to sell me something. I have finally learned how to say no to those parties.

With that said, there was one thing that a friend of mine sold that I actually liked. It was Lia Sophia jewelery. She said her commission was pretty good, especially in proportion to something like a Mary Kay.
Rockgirl 08:07 AM 12-09-2014
I love the arbonne products I've tried, but I can't afford to buy it on a regular basis. I do agree on the Lia Sophia jewelry!
lovemykidstoo 08:12 AM 12-09-2014
Originally Posted by midaycare:
I've been hesitating to answer because DH has a big family and it always seems like I never hear from them until they want to sell me something. I have finally learned how to say no to those parties.

With that said, there was one thing that a friend of mine sold that I actually liked. It was Lia Sophia jewelry. She said her commission was pretty good, especially in proportion to something like a Mary Kay.
I hear ya. Sometimes you just have to say no. That's why when I was thinking of something to do as a side job, I did think of Arbonne because most of their products are things that people generally use on a daily basis. Lotion, makeup, bath products etc. I have had a Lia Sohia party before and things like that I thought were more of a luxury item and sometimes people can't afford that. I typically buy Clinique items, but I do also like Arbonne lotions. I especially love their hand lotion. Like all of you, I wash my hands a hundred times a day and they get so dried out. One time using the hand lotion and they look and feel better with no greasy feeling.
craftymissbeth 08:21 AM 12-09-2014
I sold Avon many moons ago when I was a SAHM... but I had to quit because I bought more than I sold
jenboo 08:34 AM 12-09-2014
I sell discovery toys. Your commission adds up very quickly.
Like all direct sales, you get out of it what you put in. You have to be motivated.
Discovery toys are great because you can not only market to parents but also preschools and daycares.
butterfly 10:13 AM 12-09-2014
I have a good acquaintance who sells Arbonne. She's always posting crap on facebook about it. I think she just made district manager or something. She seems to be doing really well with it, but she's a sahm who has school age children so she's able to go to meetings/parties while her kids are in school and then can network during her kids activities, etc.

I tried pampered chef years ago, but I didn't like having to push my products on people and having to host parties. I didn't want to become someone who only contacts people when I'm trying to sell something.

If you are a people person with time to get out and host parties, meet new clients, etc. I think it's a great way to make some money.
lovemykidstoo 01:36 PM 12-09-2014
Originally Posted by butterfly:
I have a good acquaintance who sells Arbonne. She's always posting crap on facebook about it. I think she just made district manager or something. She seems to be doing really well with it, but she's a sahm who has school age children so she's able to go to meetings/parties while her kids are in school and then can network during her kids activities, etc.

I tried pampered chef years ago, but I didn't like having to push my products on people and having to host parties. I didn't want to become someone who only contacts people when I'm trying to sell something.

If you are a people person with time to get out and host parties, meet new clients, etc. I think it's a great way to make some money.
The bugging people to have a party is one of the reasons I didn't want to do something like a jewelry company because I think that's more of a product that you don't need, but rather want. Arbonne, I think, is stuff that people use on a daily basis for need rather than want and it's so much better for your skin that department store brands IMO. That's why I didn't feel so much that it's a push kind of thing. Although I'm not good at that either. Actually doing the party isn't what really makes me nervous, it's the getting started with the parties. Once you get started, I think, it would just kinda have a domino effect maybe? How did you do at Pampered Chef?
butterfly 03:46 PM 12-09-2014
The bugging people to have a party is one of the reasons I didn't want to do something like a jewelry company because I think that's more of a product that you don't need, but rather want. Arbonne, I think, is stuff that people use on a daily basis for need rather than want and it's so much better for your skin that department store brands IMO. That's why I didn't feel so much that it's a push kind of thing. Although I'm not good at that either. Actually doing the party isn't what really makes me nervous, it's the getting started with the parties. Once you get started, I think, it would just kinda have a domino effect maybe? How did you do at Pampered Chef?
I just did book parties and I wound up buying way more stuff than I needed. I quit after 6 months or so.
Sunshine74 07:44 PM 12-09-2014
Sorry, I looked at this when I was on my phone, and forgot to come back to it. I recently started as a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts. We sell totes, and purses, and organizational things.

I was hesitant about a few things when I first joined. Most of them are the same things you have mentioned. I didn't want to be that annoying person who was always begging people to have parties, but I found that (especially when I was first starting out) that my family and friends wanted to help me out by having parties. And then I booked other parties off other guests at those parties.

I also didn't want to bug people on facebook, but my company's policy is that we cannot sell on our personal facebook page. They suggest you set up a private group or a page that people have the option of joining or leaving. That way, only people who want to see your posts see them.

Another thing I was worried about was actually doing the parties, if I would know what to say. And I am a very shy person and don't feel comfortable talking to people I don't know. I am getting out of my comfort zone there, but I think it's been ok so far. Especially since I started with friends and family.

If you want any more advice, send me a PM.
Unregistered 06:04 AM 12-10-2014
I was wondering if anyone here sells Arbonne, have ever thought about it, or know someone that does. I'm looking for ways to bring in money and I love their products, so it only seems natural. My husband owns a hard surface cleaning company (tile, grout, carpet, brick, slate etc) and he goes to a business meeting every Wednesday where there are people from so many different types of businesses. One of them is a woman that in the past year has become a regional vice president. I think I'm going to sit down with her and see about starting up with it. I would still have my daycare, but it would be nice to be out and talking with other adults and making money!!

I should add that if anyone sells anything on the side, Tupperware, Pampered Chef, PartyLite etc I'd like to hear your experience
A lot of people around here do it on the side but I really don't see any money in it because so many people do it. Maybe if there is a product you really like it would be worth while for a few free things but not if your looking for a big pay cheque.
crazydaycarelady 07:54 AM 12-10-2014
I get invited to a lot of these kinds of parties (probably 8 in the last 2 months) and honestly I dread getting the invitations at this point. It was fun at first but I always feel obligated to my friend to buy something so I just don't even go anymore.

I have tried Arbonne and I do like it but like someone else said it is too expensive to order often. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer - this is just my experience.
jenboo 08:33 AM 12-10-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
A lot of people around here do it on the side but I really don't see any money in it because so many people do it. Maybe if there is a product you really like it would be worth while for a few free things but not if your looking for a big pay cheque.
I am the only discovery toys rep in my city so I have zero competition
Reply Up