Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>mammograms
sharlan 04:10 PM 11-11-2016
As I'm sure everyone knows, last month was breast cancer awareness month. For those who didn't get their yearly exams, be sure to get them done.

Early detection can save lives.

A small "mass" was discovered during my breast ultrasound back in September. A MRI showed the tiny spot (1.2mm x 1.2mm) to be fibroid glandular tissue. Yeah! I'll take a fibroid any day.

While I was "sure" that it wasn't another cancer, I was happy to get the report from my doctor's office today stating that it wasn't.
Baby Beluga 04:36 PM 11-11-2016
Originally Posted by sharlan:
As I'm sure everyone knows, last month was breast cancer awareness month. For those who didn't get their yearly exams, be sure to get them done.

A small "mass" was discovered during my breast ultrasound back in September. A MRI showed the tiny spot (1.2mm x 1.2mm) to be fibroid glandular tissue. Yeah! I'll take a fibroid any day.

While I was "sure" that it wasn't another cancer, I was happy to get the report from my doctor's office today stating that it wasn't.
So happy to hear everything came back clear
sharlan 04:47 PM 11-11-2016
Me, too! My family was more concerned than I was.
e.j. 05:09 PM 11-11-2016
That news must be such a huge relief to you and your family and friends. I hope you're all celebrating tonight!
MyAngels 05:20 PM 11-11-2016
Sharlan, I'm so happy to hear that! Wonderful news
KiwiKids 09:56 PM 11-11-2016
So glad you got good news! Can I add to your post?

We're all told to do self breast exams once a month. I've always done mine faithfully but will be doing a whole body once over from now on....This September I noticed a large lump in my shoulder. It wasn't causing pain and I caught it by chance. Many appts and an MRI later... I was sent across the state to an Ortho oncologist and just had surgery to remove a tumor from my shoulder on the 8th. All signs point to benign and I will have my final pathology back in two weeks. I feel like I could have caught it sooner if I'd been checking. I lucked out though... the tumor was inbetween the muscles of my shoulder and grew into my rotator cuff but the very skilled surgeon was able to remove it all. I'm sore but will heal up with no long term issues.
childcaremom 02:27 AM 11-12-2016
Originally Posted by KiwiKids:
So glad you got good news! Can I add to your post?

We're all told to do self breast exams once a month. I've always done mine faithfully but will be doing a whole body once over from now on....This September I noticed a large lump in my shoulder. It wasn't causing pain and I caught it by chance. Many appts and an MRI later... I was sent across the state to an Ortho oncologist and just had surgery to remove a tumor from my shoulder on the 8th. All signs point to benign and I will have my final pathology back in two weeks. I feel like I could have caught it sooner if I'd been checking. I lucked out though... the tumor was inbetween the muscles of my shoulder and grew into my rotator cuff but the very skilled surgeon was able to remove it all. I'm sore but will heal up with no long term issues.

midaycare 03:22 AM 11-12-2016
Nice!!!
Gemma 03:25 AM 11-12-2016
I'm happy for you!
Mom2Two 11:04 AM 11-12-2016
Originally Posted by sharlan:

I'm so happy to hear it was benign. I just had a basal cell carcinoma removed from my cheek.

And thanks for the reminder on the mammogram. I honestly haven't had one done for 25 years. And I'm told that self exam probably wouldn't work for me. I apparently have a lot of fibrous stuff.
KiwiKids 02:29 PM 11-12-2016
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
Thank you!
Reply Up