Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Test Run This Morning..
Heidi 11:38 AM 06-13-2012
I have 2 new dc kids starting Monday (sibs adopted from a foreign orphanage). They are replacing the fearsome foursome I terminated.

Kiddos came for a one hour visit this morning (without parents), and all went well. They were sweet and polite and fun!

Blackcat31 12:08 PM 06-13-2012

yah!! and just the fact that you are now earning your correct fee, is also cause for celebration!
Heidi 12:10 PM 06-13-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

yah!! and just the fact that you are now earning your correct fee, is also cause for celebration!
you are correct!!!
cheerfuldom 12:14 PM 06-13-2012
that is great news!

just from experience, I know sometimes adopted children have attachment issues. I know I had some of these issues with an adopted DC girl I had once. might be something to be aware of, maybe read up on?
Heidi 12:46 PM 06-13-2012
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
that is great news!

just from experience, I know sometimes adopted children have attachment issues. I know I had some of these issues with an adopted DC girl I had once. might be something to be aware of, maybe read up on?
Yep...parents are very cool, older parents (this is her 2nd round of children, she has 3 grown bios). They are very well educated about "orphanage behaviors" and more than willing to discuss issues.
Countrygal 12:51 PM 06-13-2012

BumbleBee 03:29 PM 06-13-2012
Yay! So nice when things go right.
Reply Up