Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Complaints with State
DaisyMamma 06:03 AM 08-12-2012
I had an irate parent file a false comaint with the state. The parent didn't get a refund on nonrefundable deposit (whole different story).
The state person was not very nice. She nit picked and went over every little thing. She was not leaving until she found SOMETHING
My question is that now when you look me up on the state web site there shows these citations and that I'm doing a corrective action plan. How long will that be there? Will it always be there? Once the case is closed will it say something different? I know that many many many parents don't bother ever looking at this, but it is there and I hate that it is there, it is embarrassing
Blackcat31 07:32 AM 08-12-2012
In my state your correction order is required to be posted for 2 years. It stays on the licensing-look up site permanently.

If you aren't able to add a response or comment to the site that posts these items, I personally would take a pro-active approach and tell prospective parents before they find/see it for themselves.

Tell them you had an irate parent file false charges and the state came and found ***x amiss but you want to take the time to reassure them (the prosepctive client) that you have taken measures to correct any issues the state found.

Child care and it's multitude of changing rules/laws is a tough business to keep up with and being honest about that with parents up front says ALOT in my opinion. I think it is a great way to show parents that you are an absolutely stand up, honest kind of person. Someone they CAN trust. kwim?
DaisyMamma 11:49 AM 08-12-2012
Very true, Blackcat
Heidi 01:10 PM 08-12-2012
I'm sure if you look on the state's website, many a provider have a few "non-compliances". In WI, there are 764 or so rules. There is almost no way you will always be in compliance for all of them. Even when they come for a visit and find no non-compliances, they write "after a PARTIAL review of the premises, no non-compliances were found). So, they don't have time to look at ALL 764 items in one visit? wow...I wonder why?

We have to post our non-compliances near our license, AND they are the DCF website. So is our "rebuttal" (or corrective action plan). At least that way, parents or potential clients can see the why and the action we took.

For instance, last time around my cpr wasn't up to date. Why? Because I live in a small community, and I signed up for a cpr class 4x that was cancelled due to lack of enrollment. Yeah, I still knew how to do cpr, because it's my 8 or 9th renewal, but on paper, I wasn't certified. I was able to write that on the form that is posted online.
Reply Up