Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>11 Month Old and Table Foods
Boymom 01:35 PM 06-22-2016
The parents of an 11 month old dcb said he's ready to start eating table food. What should I do? Should I go ahead and start giving him little bites of what the older kids are eating? Should I wait until he's 12 months? I'm not on the food program if that makes a difference. (I tried giving him little bites of green beans and shredded chicken yesterday, but he ended up throwing it off the high chair. I'm not sure if he's ready yet???)
laundrymom 02:08 PM 06-22-2016
I dont even offer baby food.
Mine go straight to table foods of varying consistency.
jenboo 02:08 PM 06-22-2016
Originally Posted by Boymom:
The parents of an 11 month old dcb said he's ready to start eating table food. What should I do? Should I go ahead and start giving him little bites of what the older kids are eating? Should I wait until he's 12 months? I'm not on the food program if that makes a difference. (I tried giving him little bites of green beans and shredded chicken yesterday, but he ended up throwing it off the high chair. I'm not sure if he's ready yet???)
A lot of people start with table foods at 6 months. We don't do purees here. I would offer it to him and he will eat what he wants.
Boymom 02:25 PM 06-22-2016
Thank you both! His parents have been bringing stage 3 foods, but he's still kinda struggling with those.
Controlled Chaos 02:51 PM 06-22-2016
I don't offer baby purees at all. I give babies small bites of almost everything the big kids eat. 11m old here had cheese bread broken up in little pieces, cooked carrots, green beans, corn, and her bottle on her high chair at lunch today. If she throws it I sweep it when's she's done. Not a big deal.

I love parents who do baby led weaning
Unregistered 03:30 PM 06-22-2016
I agree just give the same foods everyone else eats just cut up.i have 10 month old daycare kid and he has been off baby food for couple months now.i would also start teaching him no when food is thrown on the floor even no its normal at this age.i would try less food on the tray I noticed when it's too much they just wanna play with the food
AmyKidsCo 08:11 PM 06-22-2016
I start them off on "plain" food that's similar to the baby food I've been serving. Like banana chunks, peas, cooked carrot pieces, canned peaches & pears (cut up), small pieces of bread, saltines, plain noodles/pasta. As they get accustomed to those foods I add more "combination" foods like mac n cheese, spaghetti with sauce, cut-up pizza, taco meat, etc.
Tags:food, table foods
Reply Up