Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Minute Menu?
Jennifer91 06:07 AM 01-29-2011
I am not part of a food program any longer, but I'm looking into Minute Menu. Would you recommend it? Also, I looked (quickly) and it doesn't seem to be compatible with a MAC. Any thought?
KEG123 06:48 AM 01-29-2011
You should have crossover, thats how I got it to work on my mac. Download the trial and take it from there. PM me if you have any questions, as I was having troubles at first.

Actually, you could search for "minute menu on mac" on the forum and my thread should come up.

Ps. I'm a mac and nintedo nerd myself (as noted from your avatar, lol)
Michelle 08:37 AM 01-29-2011
omg!! I had to go out and buy windows 7 ($180) to get minute menu on my mac to work because it is mandatory for the food program .
I was sooo mad because I just spent $1100.00 on my mac. but I do love it,(my mac) just have to switch back and forth every night .
KEG123 08:57 AM 01-29-2011
Originally Posted by Michelle:
omg!! I had to go out and buy windows 7 ($180) to get minute menu on my mac to work because it is mandatory for the food program .
I was sooo mad because I just spent $1100.00 on my mac. but I do love it,(my mac) just have to switch back and forth every night .
Wow you should not have had to fork out for Windows just because of Minute Menu. Wouldn't they even give you the option of doing paper menus?
Lilbutterflie 09:07 AM 01-29-2011
I am using a free trail of Minute Menu right now, and I do like it. I'm not on the food program so I would have to pay the $70 for the annual subscription if I want to keep it.
What I would use it for the most is keeping track of attendance, hours and meal counts; and the calculation of time/space % for taxes. I told my DH about it, and he is going to fix my current excel spreadsheet to do all of these calculations for me. It won't be as "pretty" as Minute Menu, but it is free as opposed to $70/year!
Once my DH is done with the excel spreadsheet, I'm more than willing to PM you a copy of it if you would like.
Little People 09:27 AM 01-29-2011
Originally Posted by Lilbutterflie:
I am using a free trail of Minute Menu right now, and I do like it. I'm not on the food program so I would have to pay the $70 for the annual subscription if I want to keep it.
What I would use it for the most is keeping track of attendance, hours and meal counts; and the calculation of time/space % for taxes. I told my DH about it, and he is going to fix my current excel spreadsheet to do all of these calculations for me. It won't be as "pretty" as Minute Menu, but it is free as opposed to $70/year!
Once my DH is done with the excel spreadsheet, I'm more than willing to PM you a copy of it if you would like.
Would you please PM me a copy ?
littlemonkeys 11:02 AM 01-29-2011

Would you mind PM'ing me a copy too? I have been using the MMK trial too and so far I really like it, but if there is a way to keep everything nice and organized while saving money, I'd love to check it out.
Jennifer91 05:33 PM 01-29-2011
You guys are all great! I'm glad I finally joined this forum. Please PM a copy if you get a chance.

Thanks again.
Michelle 12:00 PM 01-29-2011
Originally Posted by KEG123:
Wow you should not have had to fork out for Windows just because of Minute Menu. Wouldn't they even give you the option of doing paper menus?
yes but it's the fill in the little bubble kinda thing and you have to look up every food code , so like for lunch you have to look up the code for chicken, then green beans, apples,bread, and milk...all different numbers ,then all the kids have their own codes, it's very time consuming and tedious , I barely have 5 minutes to do the internet claiming at night.
Tags:daycare, menu, organization, software
Reply Up