Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCG Informs Me She's Going To A New Daycare...
PolkaTots 08:04 AM 01-13-2015
Today a 3.5 DCG informed me she was going to go to a new daycare soon. She told me the kids here hit her too much, and mommy talked to a new daycare lady so she can go there. (The funny thing is, is this girl is my only hitter...on the rare occasion she is hit...it's because she hit first) Do I confront DCM about this at pick up?
permanentvacation 08:11 AM 01-13-2015
When I had a kid tell me that they were going to a new daycare, I definitely asked the mother about it when she came to pick her child up. The mother looked at me like a deer in headlights and stuttered over herself when telling me that yes, they were going to another daycare and that Friday was going to be her last day here.

If it weren't for the kid telling me, I wouldn't have known at all. The mother was not planning on telling me. She just wasn't going to show up the following Monday.
daycarediva 08:45 AM 01-13-2015
I would absolutely ask!

"Dcg said the funniest thing today dcm. She said she was going to a new daycare because the kids hit her too much. I just found it ironic since she is the one who has been rough lately!"

Second Home 10:52 AM 01-13-2015
And I would also say " Don't forget to give me your 2 week notice in writing along with the check for those 2 weeks "
Play Care 10:54 AM 01-13-2015
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I would absolutely ask!

"Dcg said the funniest thing today dcm. She said she was going to a new daycare because the kids hit her too much. I just found it ironic since she is the one who has been rough lately!"

LMBO!! But THIS exactly!!!!
KIDZRMYBIZ 01:06 PM 01-13-2015
Aww, sorry OP. That's a real kick in the teeth to hear it that way. I would say something to DCM at pick-up. Maybe a less accusatory way to bring it up would be to ask if she has been talking to DCG about Kindergarten because she's been talking about going to a new place...then see what she says.

Then make sure she's current on payment and aware of your exit policy.
daycare 01:32 PM 01-13-2015
I ask...

Hey DCM
in a joking tone I would say:

Billy has been bragging about a new school, just checking in to see if that holds any truth. THen deal with it.

I like closure to my daycare issues and always want to make sure that everyone leaves on a good note. I would ask why, put I would not try to convince them to stay.
PolkaTots 03:21 PM 01-16-2015
FOLLOWUP:

Brought up with DCM that DCG was talking about her new daycare and she would be leaving. She assured me she was just confused with starting preschool as they were talking about it. Guess who asked to collect their things at pick up tonight because they were starting the new place Monday...and she can't afford to pay out my notice because she can't pay two providers...well...small claims will beg to differ...
nannyde 03:39 PM 01-16-2015
Originally Posted by PolkaTots:
FOLLOWUP:

Brought up with DCM that DCG was talking about her new daycare and she would be leaving. She assured me she was just confused with starting preschool as they were talking about it. Guess who asked to collect their things at pick up tonight because they were starting the new place Monday...and she can't afford to pay out my notice because she can't pay two providers...well...small claims will beg to differ...
Yup

Take her to court.
daycare 03:47 PM 01-16-2015
ouch that stinks..

do you require a deposit?
PolkaTots 03:59 PM 01-16-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
ouch that stinks..

do you require a deposit?
No, but do require 30 day notice.
daycarediva 04:10 PM 01-16-2015
I do NOT understand this. There is ABSOLUTELY no reason that she could not have given you 30 day notice and started at the new place later! OR discussed any problems with you before pulling out of nowhere! I'm ticked for you!

I would send a certified letter, and include late fees, with a deadline to pay in full or you will be bringing the case to court.
Reply Up