Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Crazy 1st Time DCMs
KIDZRMYBIZ 03:31 PM 10-28-2015
Ugh, I am so tired of hearing how terrible/tough/crying/screaming/can't sleep/can't poop/won't eat/ear pain/teething pain my 2 newest DCMS and 1 of a young toddler complain about. These kiddos are all just fine for me, and they have mostly great, happy days. What is the deal? I know kids can be tougher after night falls if they are sick or (genuinely) teething, but this is an All. The. Time. thing with these 3 DCMs! I feel stupid telling them that junior had a great day when DCD tells me that DCM ran to the 24hr store to buy ear drops at 3:15 am.
Thriftylady 03:46 PM 10-28-2015
Originally Posted by KIDZRMYBIZ:
Ugh, I am so tired of hearing how terrible/tough/crying/screaming/can't sleep/can't poop/won't eat/ear pain/teething pain my 2 newest DCMS and 1 of a young toddler complain about. These kiddos are all just fine for me, and they have mostly great, happy days. What is the deal? I know kids can be tougher after night falls if they are sick or (genuinely) teething, but this is an All. The. Time. thing with these 3 DCMs! I feel stupid telling them that junior had a great day when DCD tells me that DCM ran to the 24hr store to buy ear drops at 3:15 am.
Wow. Sometimes I wonder if some of these parents just like drama and if there isn't any they make it up.
hope 04:02 PM 10-28-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
Wow. Sometimes I wonder if some of these parents just like drama and if there isn't any they make it up.
For the extreme like this, I believe you are right. All first time moms are a little quirky. I was one myself. We worry and take precautions. But the never ending drama and complaints of some are just for attention.
KiddieCahoots 04:53 PM 10-28-2015
Originally Posted by hope:
For the extreme like this, I believe you are right. All first time moms are a little quirky. I was one myself. We worry and take precautions. But the never ending drama and complaints of some are just for attention.
First time moms are one thing.
My radar goes up for some of these moms.
When their child does actually have a difficult day and we relate....some of these moms seem to have ALL the excuses or answers of why their child is behaving that way.
laundrymom 07:47 PM 10-28-2015
I offer the option of texting me. I've been doing this since 1987 and have raised 4 of my own. There's not much I haven't dealt w. But I have a great group who dont abuse the "miss Laundry's Hotline" Option.
mommyneedsadayoff 07:51 PM 10-28-2015
I think they are just looking for attention. If there baby is great, they have nothing to talk about and I seriously think some of them question if their child is normal at that point They get fed info that baby will be up all night, cry for no reason, may have issues eating, needs to be carried all the time, ect. When baby doesn't need all that, they think something is wrong or look to every little thing as a possible issue. They need to just enjoy it! Of course, babies act different for mom and dad than they do for others, so maybe baby gives them a harder time. I just smile and nod
KIDZRMYBIZ 06:38 AM 10-29-2015
I think you are probably right on. One I think is for attention, the others are just being first time moms. I think they are afraid to let the baby cry for a few minutes. We have lots of activity at daycares that babies are content to watch, so it is tougher in the quiet of evening perhaps. I just haven't had this many neurotic DCMs all at the same time before!

And sorry for the double post. I can only access the forum on my mobile, which is not ideal for me. The page comes up mostly blank on my desktop, so I will have to figure that out. It started doing that when the site was down a few weeks ago.
Reply Up