Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do You Ever...
SilverSabre25 06:52 AM 09-18-2013
get a whiff of someone's diaper and wish you could run far FAR away before you have to change it?
MyAngels 06:54 AM 09-18-2013
Yes. Every morning. Right after breakfast . I can't wait to PT this little guy
MamaBear 06:55 AM 09-18-2013
Every day! haha
Willow 06:57 AM 09-18-2013
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
get a whiff of someone's diaper and wish you could run far FAR away before you have to change it?
Yes.

Do you ever go to change it and realize it's just gas?

Throw a party for a moment?

And then come to the realization there is reason to dread what the future undoubtedly holds??
SilverSabre25 07:01 AM 09-18-2013
Originally Posted by Willow:
Yes.

And then come to the realization there is reason to dread what the future undoubtedly holds??
Yes I've done that too.

Ugh I do NOT know what this boy ate last night but it smells VILE. and I am resisting changing it because I KNOW it's gonna make me sick, and I haven't eaten anything yet this morning....(yes, even though it's 10 AM...my metabolism is weird).

Also, I'm not required to use gloves but I think I will this time. I don't usually because...I just don't. But this level of stench? I don't want to risk touching any of it. (<--Michael we should add this one to the list on the side! Can Mods do that? I wanna do that!)
daycarediva 07:24 AM 09-18-2013
YESSSS! I am helping to PT a SUPER stinky kid right now. It is N A S T Y. I change him in the bathroom with the door closed, window open, commercial grade exhaust fan on, and it permeates through the entire house, and lasts for HOURS.
Rockgirl 07:30 AM 09-18-2013
Ever wonder if any kids poop at home anymore?
SilverSabre25 08:09 AM 09-18-2013
OH plenty of mine poop at home. One older boy rarely poops at my house because I won't wipe him. the baby often poops at home too
Rockgirl 08:35 AM 09-18-2013
I recently had one who would ONLY poop here. He'd even hold it all weekend!
Maria2013 09:17 AM 09-18-2013
oh yeah
Maria2013 09:20 AM 09-18-2013
Originally Posted by when is naptime?:
I recently had one who would ONLY poop here. He'd even hold it all weekend!
actually I would take that as a compliment, some kids put a lot into where when they go...I think he was showing you he was most comfortable at your place
jmo
Meyou 09:20 AM 09-18-2013
I had one today that was a toot the first time I changed it and lived up to expectations for the second one. We had to clear the playroom for 30 minutes with a fan blowing and the windows open. I put it outside the door in a bag and it stunk outside around my front door when I moved the bag to the outside can at naptime. Sooooo gross.
Maria2013 09:28 AM 09-18-2013
Originally Posted by Meyou:
I had one today that was a toot the first time I changed it and lived up to expectations for the second one. We had to clear the playroom for 30 minutes with a fan blowing and the windows open. I put it outside the door in a bag and it stunk outside around my front door when I moved the bag to the outside can at naptime. Sooooo gross.

countrymom 09:37 AM 09-18-2013
if children smell so bad don't you ever wonder what the heck they eat. You know poop can tell you alot, esp. when its blue, like I didn't know that you fed your child so much koolaide jammers that her poop could glow in the dark.
Blackcat31 09:57 AM 09-18-2013
Originally Posted by Maria2013:
actually I would take that as a compliment, some kids put a lot into where when they go...I think he was showing you he was most comfortable at your place
jmo
This is the absolute BEST spin on turning something into a positive that I have ever read!!

Nice!
mema 10:12 AM 09-18-2013
Oh yeah! Everyday.
Rockgirl 10:47 AM 09-18-2013
Originally Posted by Maria2013:
jmo
Haha, thank you!
MotherNature 11:20 AM 09-18-2013
yes! Usually if the kid is fed a lot of processed garbage it stinks horribly. Or if there's a food intolerance. If my son eats gluten, his diaper can clear a room.
Shell 11:52 AM 09-18-2013
Ever wonder if any kids poop at home anymore?

nanglgrl 02:50 PM 09-18-2013
Just a funny coincidence here but none of my 6 daycare kids poop during daycare hours (8am-3pm). They used to always poop here and some of their diapers made me almost sick. After one particularly bad day where everyone pooped at about the same time and it smelled so bad we had to go outside I jokingly wrote "no pooping at daycare" on the dry erase because I knew the parents would notice the stink at pick up. At pick up every parent laughed at the sign and asked me about it and we joked with the children about the new rule. That was maybe a year ago and the only poopy diapers I've had have been from new kids and eventually they stop too. My daycare kids aren't perfect, my daycare's not perfect and I certainly do not have magic powers over bodily functions but I'm not kidding and I'm being 100% truthful when I say the kids don't poop at my daycare. I did ask parents and they do all have regular bowel movements so I'm not worried and I did think to myself maybe the kids thought I was serious and they hold it but I'm a jokester, my kids know I'm not a meanie and wouldn't get mad if they pooped. They're all 2-3 years old and even if they thought it was a rule they would most certainly break it as they do the others. Anyway I'm totally OT but if you don't want to deal with the smell I suggest making a new rule and posting it on your dry erase board!
Rockgirl 02:55 PM 09-18-2013
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
Just a funny coincidence here but none of my 6 daycare kids poop during daycare hours (8am-3pm). They used to always poop here and some of their diapers made me almost sick. After one particularly bad day where everyone pooped at about the same time and it smelled so bad we had to go outside I jokingly wrote "no pooping at daycare" on the dry erase because I knew the parents would notice the stink at pick up. At pick up every parent laughed at the sign and asked me about it and we joked with the children about the new rule. That was maybe a year ago and the only poopy diapers I've had have been from new kids and eventually they stop too. My daycare kids aren't perfect, my daycare's not perfect and I certainly do not have magic powers over bodily functions but I'm not kidding and I'm being 100% truthful when I say the kids don't poop at my daycare. I did ask parents and they do all have regular bowel movements so I'm not worried and I did think to myself maybe the kids thought I was serious and they hold it but I'm a jokester, my kids know I'm not a meanie and wouldn't get mad if they pooped. They're all 2-3 years old and even if they thought it was a rule they would most certainly break it as they do the others. Anyway I'm totally OT but if you don't want to deal with the smell I suggest making a new rule and posting it on your dry erase board!
Lol! I jokingly told my husband earlier today that I'd love to operate a "poop-free" daycare.
Blackcat31 03:04 PM 09-18-2013
Lol! I jokingly told my husband earlier today that I'd love to operate a "poop-free" daycare.
*knock on wood* but I currently have a poop-free daycare.

I have only 2 kids under age 2 and both are super regular scheduled poopers and luckily for me, their poop scheduled time is after daycare!

The other 8 kids I have are all potty trained.
Hunni Bee 03:09 PM 09-18-2013
You know there's such a thing right?

I wish I could find the thread...someone posted an article about centers that operate like this about a year ago.

When the kids poop, they call the parents to come change it.
Rockgirl 03:55 PM 09-18-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
*knock on wood* but I currently have a poop-free daycare.

I have only 2 kids under age 2 and both are super regular scheduled poopers and luckily for me, their poop scheduled time is after daycare!

The other 8 kids I have are all potty trained.
Nice! Sometimes I've changed 3 poopy diapers and assisted with cleanup by 9 AM.
Rockgirl 03:56 PM 09-18-2013
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:

I wish I could find the thread...someone posted an article about centers that operate like this about a year ago.

What? And the parents go along with this? Wow!
Shell 04:29 PM 09-18-2013
One of my kids here listed "constipation" under allergies, meds, etc. in the enrollment packet. I was so happy to finally have just one child that doesn't go 5x's a day here. Well, it backfired, literally- she's the one that had the extra dose of miralax last week
Sunshine74 11:03 PM 09-18-2013
YES! Lucky for me, I have co-workers, so we take turns. Unluckily, sometimes it's my turn.

Yes.

A definite yes for this one too. We have one DCB who can smell like that for up to an hour, or more, before he actually goes! We've tried putting him on the potty when we smell it (and it is a very distinct smell) but very rarely does he ever go.
SSWonders 03:16 AM 09-19-2013
Ummmm, yeah. Allllll the time.
LK5kids 05:10 AM 09-19-2013
Sometimes I do!!! Hahahahahaha!
My3cents 11:26 AM 09-19-2013
especially if you get that whiff right when the parent shows up to pick child up. I always feel obligated to change the child if it is at my home. I just want to yell to the child........Why couldn't you wait until you get home or in the car!!!

This is me
This is the child
This is the parent
My3cents 11:28 AM 09-19-2013
Yes.

lol....this made me chuckle and yes I feel like that. Went to change my little and nothing, wrong kiddo, changed the right kiddo and then had to change the other-

Anyone else just get so tired of changing diapers, we do it but do you ever get the dread of here we go again another one.........ugh.
Tay 11:29 AM 09-19-2013
Hahahahaha, this made my day.........yes and I want to run away!!
My3cents 11:32 AM 09-19-2013
Yes I've done that too.

Ugh I do NOT know what this boy ate last night but it smells VILE. and I am resisting changing it because I KNOW it's gonna make me sick, and I haven't eaten anything yet this morning....(yes, even though it's 10 AM...my metabolism is weird).

Also, I'm not required to use gloves but I think I will this time. I don't usually because...I just don't. But this level of stench? I don't want to risk touching any of it. (<--Michael we should add this one to the list on the side! Can Mods do that? I wanna do that!)
anyone else able to decipher what the kiddo ate that cause the poo in the first place. I can tell if they ate spag sauce,beef, McDonalds, and all the obvious ones like corn etc... and I am usually right on.
My3cents 11:36 AM 09-19-2013
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
you better be careful because I have a feeling your rule is going to turn around on you- and it is going to stink for you
My3cents 11:38 AM 09-19-2013
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:

I bet that daycare is full.........not.... how funny~

This thread has made me giggle a lot. Thanks I needed that-
SilverSabre25 11:53 AM 09-19-2013
I have to say, the diaper that prompted, should I say, inspired, this post, was just awful. And the smell was one that clung and lingered in his clothes for the rest of the day. I kept getting whiffs and checking, and nope, just the after-scent.

Gag.
preschoolteacher 12:17 PM 09-19-2013
I used to work in a poop-free preschool. Ha! The kids were all supposed to be potty trained since the youngest age was 3. However, many were not. If anyone had an accident and it was #2, the parents were called to clean them up and take them home.

Of course, every time it happened, we just dealt with it on our own. No one wants to make an upset, embarrassed kid wait 20+ minutes for their mom or dad to come change them.
Scout 12:24 PM 09-19-2013
Yes.

My 2yo DS now will alert me and says "I tooted!"
Scout 12:25 PM 09-19-2013
And I also have one that every day I gag and right before breakfast...always at the worst time!!
sammie 12:26 PM 09-19-2013
I used to have a little boy who had the yuckiest diapers. I called it FFP - fast food poop. That is all this child ever ate...and it was nasty!
MCC 12:32 PM 09-19-2013
Originally Posted by My3cents:
anyone else able to decipher what the kiddo ate that cause the poo in the first place. I can tell if they ate spag sauce,beef, McDonalds, and all the obvious ones like corn etc... and I am usually right on.
Yes! My husband changed a diaper on Monday and said "So how was your Taco Bell last night?" DCG said..."Good!" So glad he got stuck with that one!
Sunchimes 05:48 PM 09-19-2013
Years before I started dc, we had a little neighbor boy who adopted us. He had a loving family, but there were a lot of kids, it was a loud, rowdy household, and he was a child who craved peace, order, and routine. Every day after school, he came to our house and stayed until dark. If we had let him, he would have moved in-and we considered it. He even tried to change his last name to ours at school and for a long time used our name. Luckily his parents were cool and understood why it was happening. Anyway, he had just turned 4 when he started coming to our house. I don't think he was ever really potty trained, he just sort of figured it out on his own. Every single night just as I was putting dinner on the table, he would go poop and I would have to wipe him. As I recall, I lost a lot of weight that summer, until I finally got him fully trained. I taught him to read when the school didn't. He's in his 20's now. He found us on FB and still tells everyone that I taught him to read. ;-)

My new 10 month old must love me. On his second day here, he pooped 3 times.
nanglgrl 06:30 PM 09-19-2013
Originally Posted by My3cents:
you better be careful because I have a feeling your rule is going to turn around on you- and it is going to stink for you
If it does I'm going to blame you. Every time I change a dirty diaper I will curse under my breath "this is all my3cents' fault!"
SilverSabre25 06:56 PM 09-19-2013
Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
My new 10 month old must love me. On his second day here, he pooped 3 times.
Or you scare the s**t out of him
daycarekay 07:25 PM 09-19-2013
Everyday after nap, without fail! Lucky for me, I guess, my kids are on a pretty predictable schedule so I know when it's coming!
Tags:dirty diapers
Reply Up