Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Really Annoying DCK
melissa ann 06:47 AM 10-13-2011
I have dcg, 4, who all this week came in a princess outfit, complete with the plastic shoes. Today she even has hair extenstions(bought at disney world the other week) and sparkle make up. She looks like she should be standing on a street corner.
She has like 4 princess outfits. Girl said they did not get the outfits at DW, but on the computer. They cost at least 20bucks on line. (I know because my MIL got my daughter one the other year).
A part of me would like to see something happen to the outfit. Maybe then she would stop wearing them. The kids play on the floor and her dress is really long someone could step on it and rip it.
I was thinking of having a halloween party where the kids could come in their customes. But this girl/mom ruins everything. They take everything to the extreme. Like when I added movie Friday in Aug, I said a different child could bring a movie to watch. Now she brings 2 -3 movies everytime she comes. Not that we watch them, because we don't.
dave4him 07:11 AM 10-13-2011
Okay help me out with the shorhand. DCK is Day care kid right? Im new so just checking
countrymom 07:12 AM 10-13-2011
you need to tell the mom that she needs to bring her child dressed appropriately for daycare or let the girl wear the outfit for about a half hour and then make her take it off.
MyAngels 07:32 AM 10-13-2011
Originally Posted by dave4him:
Okay help me out with the shorhand. DCK is Day care kid right? Im new so just checking
Yes, that's right. Here's a good thread with the various acronyms:

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31167
Zoe 07:54 AM 10-13-2011
I agree with countrymom. Tell the mom that she can't bring dcg to daycare with a costume on. Or if you don't feel comfortable with that, just take the darn thing off the second she comes in the door and put it away!
caligirl 07:55 AM 10-13-2011
LOL too funny! I have a DCG here who is almost 3 1/2 and wears her princess outfit every day also. Apparently she has a complete meltdown at home if mom won't let her wear it.....I told mom that it's ok if she would put it on OVER her clothes. I will have her take it off when she gets here. So, I let her wear it for about an hour, then when she says she has to go potty, off it comes and into her bag to take home.
dave4him 08:15 AM 10-13-2011
My oldest likes to change when she gets home from school... her favorite thing is to put on her rupunzal dress she got at Disneyland, where as she put it when we bought it 'my dreams came true!' Shes going to be leading the way of the other children... shes almost five... is there an age where they suddenly start being helpful
littlemissmuffet 08:16 AM 10-13-2011
Originally Posted by caligirl:
LOL too funny! I have a DCG here who is almost 3 1/2 and wears her princess outfit every day also. Apparently she has a complete meltdown at home if mom won't let her wear it.....I told mom that it's ok if she would put it on OVER her clothes. I will have her take it off when she gets here. So, I let her wear it for about an hour, then when she says she has to go potty, off it comes and into her bag to take home.
I wouldn't even allow that! It's not our jobs as childcare providers to always do the hard stuff... so what if the kid has a meltdown???! It's your child - LEARN TO SAY NO!
caligirl 08:29 AM 10-13-2011
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
I wouldn't even allow that! It's not our jobs as childcare providers to always do the hard stuff... so what if the kid has a meltdown???! It's your child - LEARN TO SAY NO!
Oh believe me, I TOTALLY agree with you. One MILLION percent....the problem is with mom, having no control over her child. It used to really irritate me, but since I have her take it off herself, I don't care anymore. The mom is in for a WORLD of trouble though. I've warned her that she better establish control now or she is really in for it later
MommyMuffin 08:34 AM 10-13-2011
Do you have dress up clothes at your house she could wear. Girls love dress up!
You could ask mom not to dress her in her costumes because other kids might wreck it. I would let her know you have some costumes that she could wear.

I just bought some dresses at goodwill a few sizes too big so they are easy to take on and off.

As far as movie day goes, just hand the movies back to mom when they bring them and let her know it is not her turn.
Cat Herder 08:39 AM 10-13-2011
No toys, cups, or food from home.

Simple.

I don't have time to deal with unnecessary adult created drama.

I have dress-up clothes here.
melissa ann 09:08 AM 10-13-2011
I do have dress up clothes for the kids.
I do have her take the outfit off after awhile. It's just annoying .
For the most part, this girl behaves pretty good. But when her mom is here, she's like Dr. Jeckly and Mr Hyde. She will slap her mom on the butt, once, when her mom had a skirt on, she pulled it up. Her mom always says where do you get that from. We all know not from being here. No one does that here. Her mom carries the daily craft project, her blankets(she brings them everyday,even though I provide them)her bag of books/videos and her coat. I always tell the girl she needs to help her mom carry her things. But she doesn't. I dont' know why parents don't teach their kids manners, responsiblity etc. She will definately have her hands full in a couple of years and all I can say it that mom brought it on herself. This girl also belches like a man(no offense) But will be at the table eating and out it comes. She laughs. all the kids says that's not very nice and to say excuse me. But she doesn't.
Unregistered 10:14 AM 10-13-2011
Originally Posted by melissa ann:
This girl also belches like a man(no offense) But will be at the table eating and out it comes. She laughs. all the kids says that's not very nice and to say excuse me. But she doesn't.
Well, this should be easy, what with the princess she wants to be...just ask her if that's how a princess should be at the table? Then tell her a princess would NEVER belch because it's not polite. Two can play that game.
blueclouds29 11:08 AM 10-13-2011
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
I LOVE THAT!! EXACTLY! I've had the same parent send stuff with her 14 month old son cause if she took it away he will have a melt down!! ok, so i have to do it? Be my guest, i would love to, cause i don't mind melt downs!! LOL
Reply Up