Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Much To Charge- Pt Infant Pt SA
jojosmommy 08:16 AM 06-04-2012
Interested client wants daycare for 10 week old infant 12-4:30 and care for 2 schoolagers from 3:45-4:30. Great family. A former daycare lady, love her! No doubt want to care for the kids. Having trouble with pricing.

Not interested in charging a full time rate since I don't want another infant full time. Not technically taking up a full time slot so the whole pay full time for the spot thing doesn't apply and will be way too much for her.

Her SA kids are awesome, would only be here 45 min, again I'm not full so they would be added income, not taking up all my spots.
SilverSabre25 08:20 AM 06-04-2012
Find out what the going rate is for after school care in your area and charge a bit less than that. Around here I think it's about $50/week. For the infant, charge a little more than half of your daily rate. For example, I charge about $24/day for full-time care, and charge $15/day for half-day.
Blackcat31 09:21 AM 06-04-2012
Originally Posted by jojosmommy:
Interested client wants daycare for 10 week old infant 12-4:30 and care for 2 schoolagers from 3:45-4:30. Great family. A former daycare lady, love her! No doubt want to care for the kids. Having trouble with pricing.

Not interested in charging a full time rate since I don't want another infant full time. Not technically taking up a full time slot so the whole pay full time for the spot thing doesn't apply and will be way too much for her.

Her SA kids are awesome, would only be here 45 min, again I'm not full so they would be added income, not taking up all my spots.
Here is a link to the average rates in MN for infants, toddlers, preschoolers and school agers. Just scroll down to find your county.

https://edocs.dhs.state.mn.us/lfserv.../DHS-6441A-ENG

Hopefully it will atleast give you something to start with and base your rate off of.
Tags:part time rate
Reply Up