Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Agressive 2 year old...Need Advice
Mom2TLE 11:24 AM 07-12-2012
I am new here but I think I could get some good advice. I'll start with a little backround. DCG started back in October just before she turned 2 she did have some hitting issues that we were working on and she would throw massive tantrums at drop off. Towards Dec I hired an assistant due to some pregnancy issues I was having. She would grab the assistants hair kick at her and try to pinch at drop off. I thought we could work on it to where she would learn to come in without a fight but in the end I closed for 3.5 months when DD was born premature. Come march I opened back up with and let mom bring her back. (My Bad) She continues to be aggressive at drop off only with me now since i no longer have an assistant. She started pinching about 8 weeks ago (She has just returned after a 3 week break) Today she pinched the face of another DCG 3yr old and got her eye in the process. Not a serious injury but to me this seems like a liability, What if she had scratched the inside of the eye? DCM of the 3 year old has been very understanding but a mom can only take so much this little girl has been the victim of the majority of 2.5 yr old's attacks. I have talked verbally with DCM about the DCG's agressivness and it will get better then goes downhill again. So would you give notice, probation, or terminate immediatly? I don't know if this is something I can teach her not to do.
Interactions with parents and siblings are usually someone does something she does not want them to do she hits and screams DCP say stop leave her alone (to the sibling not DCG) I think that she has learned that agressivness get her what she wants. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Up