Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Contract
Scout 10:39 PM 12-29-2012
So, I have had problems with one family not bringing their child since right now they do not pay if not here...I know, lesson learned! so here is my contract for the new year!! It is my first since I just opened Halloween. I am nervous and excited about it!! To warn you it is long though...IDk why it spaced all weird. It is fine when I print it. any other suggestions?? Thanks ladies and gents!

You may contact me either by phone or email. I only ask that unless it is urgent, you do not
call me after 8 pm, as this is my children's bedtime. I can be available by text or email
after 8 pm. I will be checking both prior to going to bed each night.

If you know your child will not be attending the following day please contact me by either
of these methods.

Hours of operation: Mon-Fri 5:30 am - 6:00 pm

If your drop off time will not be the same each day, please make sure I know when to expect
your child so that I can lock the doors in between.

Your rates include up to 10 hours of care per day. If you are more than 15 minutes late past
your normal pick up time (without at least one days notice) there will be a $5 late charge for
every 15 minutes thereafter. This is because my kids have activities that are planned that
start shortly after I close, such as swimming lessons, & I do not want them to miss them.

I do understand that traffic or inclement weather may delay you, so there will be no charge
if you are late for either of these reasons past your normal pick up time.

Rates:

I reserve the right to change rates once per calendar year.

All rates include breakfast (depending on drop off time), lunch, snacks, milk, & juice
(exluding formula or baby food). If there are any foods or drinks you would not like
your child to be served please be sure to tell me so, that we are on the same page.

Part time consists of a minimum of 3 paid days, even if only 2 are used.
Part time rates of $5 per hour, per child, is available up to 6 hours of care.
Part time days are available at $30 per day for 6-10 hours of care for one child, $50 per
day for two children.

Please let me know if you have a flex schedule that changes week to week. This is so I can
plan any outings or special projects, as I would like all kids to be able to participate.

Full time rates consist of 3-5 days per week.
Full time hourly rates are available at $5 per hour, per child, up to 6 hours.
Full time weekly rates are $130 for one child or $200 for two children.

Payment:

Payment is due on the friday following care at pick up. You may prepay if you like also & I
can credit any free days you choose to use.

You may also pay biweekly. If this is the method you choose I do ask for 1 week prepayment so
that I may buy any food or supplies your child will be using.

I will accept cash, check, or direct deposit if your bank allows it. There will be a $25 fee
for any returned checks. After 2 occurances of NSF I will only accept cash. Checks will be
deposited as soon as I can get them to the bank.

I will provide any receipts if requested & give you any tax information in January for your
child care credit.

I reserve the right to enforce a late fee of $10 per day if payment is not received by
friday at pick up. After 3 days of late payment, your child can not return until all money
is paid in full.

Free Days:

Each child will receive 2 weeks of free days to use as you see fit. Examples would be sick,
vacation, or holiday days. The number of days you receive depends on the number of days
your child attends. If your child attends 3 days per week, they would get 6 free days.
If your child attends 5 days per week, they would get 10 free days! I will need to know
as soon as possible if you are using a free day so that I do not depend on that income.

Free days are only to be used when your child is absent from childcare.

**If you are using free days for a week's vacation I will need at least 8 weeks notice
for you to use the free days. If you fail to provide 8 weeks notice, you will need to
pay your normal tuition for the vacation.**

Once you have used all your free days, you pay whether your child is here or not.

Provider Vacation:

I will take 2 weeks of UNPAID vacation each year. One of these will probably always be the
last week in July or the first week in August. I will try to give at least 12 weeks notice
when possible. The only exclusion to this would be a family death or an illness.

Provider Sick Days:

If I am closed due to my own or my family's illness I will contact you as soon as possible.
There will be no charge for these days. I will try to send my kids to a grandparents house
when they are mildly ill to avoid closures or illnesses spreading.

Holidays:

Holidays will be paid at the normal daily rate ONLY IF YOUR CHILD IS NORMALLY IN ATTENDENCE
ON THE DAY ON WHICH THE HOLIDAY FALLS. For example, if your child is not usually here on
Mondays, you would not be charged for Labor Day or Memorial Day. The same applies for any
holiday that falls on a weekend. You may use your free days for holidays if you choose.

I will be closed the following holidays:

New Years Day
Memorial Day
July 4
Labor Day
Thanksgiving Day
Christmas Day

**Christmas Eve I will be closing at 3 pm.**

Maternity Leave:

I will hold your child's spot if you are on maternity leave & keep your child home with you
for the following fees; all fees are per child.

6 weeks $75
8 weeks $100
10 weeks $125
12 weeks $150

There will be no refund if your child does not return.

Legally, I only have a limited number of available spots for children so, we can discuss if I
will have room for your infant if needed.

Summers off:

If you have a career where your child will be home with you in the summer months I will hold
your child's spot for a fee of $75; all fees are per child. There will be no refund if your
child does not return.

Illness Policy:

Please use your best judgement on if your mildly sick child should come to childcare. I
reserve the right to refuse care if I feel your child is too ill to be here. Remember that
your child will be much more comfortable with family when ill.

If your child has a cold, I do not mind if they come. I do ask that all children old enough
be trained to do so cover their mouths while coughing, either into their elbow or into their
shirt.

If your child has a low grade fever but, just had an immunization, I do not mind if they come.

If your child has a low grade fever but, is showing no other signs of illness & is generally
acting normal, I do not mind if they come.

I reserve the right to send home any child I feel is too ill to be here any time after drop
off.

I have a thermal scan thermometor to use on all kids. If your child becomes ill while in my
care I will call you to come pick them up. I expect this to be done as soon as possible as I
will try to seperate them from the other children. Your child may not return until all
symptoms are gone (without medication) for 24 hours.

Your child may not attend with the following illnesses:

Unexplained fever of 100.5 or above without medication
Vomiting within the last 24 hours
Diarrhea(more than 3x in the last 24 hours)
Hand, foot, mouth disease
Strep throat
Chickenpox
Croup
Any unexplained rash
Pink eye(conjunctivitis)
Head Lice

I will administer any antibiotics prescribed to your child IF IN THE ORIGINAL BOTTLE WITH YOUR
CHILD'S NAME & DOSEAGE CLEARLY MARKED if needed while in my care. ** Your child must have
already had at least 2 doses prior to me administering.**

I will administer a nebulizer treatment if needed while in my care.

I will administer tylenol, motrin, benedryl, or saline nose drops while in my care if needed.
I require that these meds always be available for me while your child is here. You may bring
them daily or I can keep them here. **Please be sure to mark each bottle with your child's
name and current doseage.**

If your child needs an Epi pen I will require a lesson on how to use it & that one be kept
here at all times.

Diapers, wipes, & other supplies:

If your child is still using diapers, wipes, or pull ups I will require one pack on the first
day of care at drop off. I will let you know prior to me running out when you will need to
bring more. If you fail to bring more by the time they are needed there will be a charge of
$.50 per diaper or $.10 per wipe that I use until new ones are brought.

In the warmer months we will be spending time outdoors & I will require that your child have
sunscreen available for daily use.

Additional Clothing:

I require all children to have one pair of additional clothing available at all times. This
includes socks & undergarments. You may keep them here or bring them daily.

Outings:

At this time I do not transport by vehicle. I will, however, be taking walks with the kids
as much as possible in the warmer months. This may include trips to the local shopping center
or library, with parental consent.

Naptime:

Each child will have his/her own pack n play or cot. I will mark it with your child's name
and no other child will use it.

Generally, naps are from 1:30-3:15

Older children who do not nap (ages 4 & up) will have quiet time.

If you need to make appointments for your child please do not schedule for pick up during
these hours.

Comfort Items:

Items such as blankets, lovies, or pacifiers are welcome for nap time or any other time I feel
your child needs extra comfort. I do ask that soft items be laundered on a regular basis to
cut down on germs!

Outside toys:

I ask that no toys be brought to childcare. I have seen this cause problems with sharing. We
have plenty of toys to share here.

Disipline:

I will redirect the younger children who can not sit in time out. For older children I will
use time out based on the child's age. One minute for each year of life. I will do this
more than once per day if needed. I will discuss any issues with you as soon as I feel they
have become an issue!

Terminating care:

If either party wishes to terminate care they may do so with a 2 week written notice.

I reserve the right to immediatley terminate care if the reason is based on extreme behavioral
issues (such as hurting another child on purpose).

Whenever possible, I will work with parents to try to iron out any issues your child may be
having here. I want your child to enjoy coming here & for you to be happy as well.
Terminating care would be a last resort for me for behavorial issues.

I reserve the right to terminate care immediately for the following:

1. Regular abuse of policies or hours of operation(not limited to regular late pick ups even
if late fees are paid).

2. Regular late payments or non payment.

Thank you for choosing me to provide your childcare needs! Please feel free to ask or tell
me anything about your child that pertains to my relationship with them. Open communication
is important in our goal of giving your child a happy, healthy days here in my care!
Tags:contract - sample, contract sample
Up