Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Moving Halfway Through The Year
snbauser 11:22 AM 03-09-2014
I'm trying to plan now for taxes next year. It looks like we are going to be moving this summer. I plan to continue doing daycare at the new location. I use MMK for my accounting. How do I handle the space portion of the time space % for next years taxes? What else do I need to do differently?
snbauser 05:54 PM 03-12-2014
Any suggestions?
Blackcat31 07:59 AM 03-13-2014
I found this thread.... https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26304

Tom answers her question so maybe it will help you too...
snbauser 09:21 AM 03-13-2014
Thanks BC! Now to figure out how to do that with MMK. Guessing print out the reports when I close, update new square footage, and then print out the reports at the end of the year and subtract the 1st 8829 numbers to get the 2nd half of the year.
TomCopeland 10:03 AM 03-13-2014
Originally Posted by snbauser:
Thanks BC! Now to figure out how to do that with MMK. Guessing print out the reports when I close, update new square footage, and then print out the reports at the end of the year and subtract the 1st 8829 numbers to get the 2nd half of the year.
Currently, Minute Menu doesn't allow you to show two time-space % if you do child care in two homes in one year. They are working on changing this.

Yes, print out your reports after you stop doing child care in the old home. Delete the time-space % numbers and reenter them for the new home. Apply the two different time-space % to the appropriate house expenses. Use an average time-space % for items you used in both homes.
Tags:tax advice
Reply Up