Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Boots & Bar on newborn starting next week
taylorw1210 09:17 AM 10-14-2014
Does anyone have experience with a newborn who is fitted with boots & a bar to correct a club foot? I have a newborn starting next week and am curious to hear anyone's experiences. According to mom the only issue is the inconvenience of having the contraption on the little guy.
Leigh 09:42 AM 10-14-2014
My LO was born with clubfoot (is still in nighttime boots and bar wear). Feel free to PM me if you have questions or issues. It's really not a problem-scary at first because it's not familiar, but pretty easy to deal with.

Have Mom show you how to put them on a few times, and you'll see that it is pretty easy.

I PM'd you my personal email address, feel free to use it!
Kimskiddos 09:54 AM 10-14-2014
I had a dcb with these years ago, it wasn't an issue. Poor little guy spent his first 2 years and casts and boots. It was all he knew so it didn't phase him.
Patches 11:50 AM 10-14-2014
I had a dcb who had a bar. It really didn't bother him and wasn't any extra work for me.
e.j. 12:11 PM 10-14-2014
My son (23 now!) was born with club feet and had to use the boots and bar. No issues here, either. It's funny how easily babies adapt, especially when they don't know any different.
LysesKids 12:39 PM 10-14-2014
Originally Posted by Kimskiddos:
I had a dcb with these years ago, it wasn't an issue. Poor little guy spent his first 2 years and casts and boots. It was all he knew so it didn't phase him.
Yep, my sister and I were those babies; Mom kept my bar and cast and I had all my children tested for the congenital hip defect I was born with... scarier to look at than deal with once you understand how it works

My lil sis had a club foot too. My bar was set at my thighs and originally was cast into the plaster after the surgery so I couldn't crawl or walk. I have the pics still
I think it was more of a pain to change my diapers than anything
Cradle2crayons 12:42 PM 10-14-2014
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
Yep, my sister and I were those babies; Mom kept my bar and cast and I had all my children tested for the congenital hip defect I was born with... scarier to look at than deal with once you understand how it works

My lil sis had a club foot too. My bar was set at my thighs and originally was cast into the plaster after the surgery so I couldn't crawl or walk. I have the pics still
I think it was more of a pain to change my diapers than anything
Yes, it is a little scarier for us to see than for the babies to deal with.

I had one once tht didn't get treatment until later infant nd boy, that was hard to deal with!!
taylorw1210 01:47 PM 10-14-2014
Thank you for all the responses, ladies!
Tags:boots and bar, clubfoot, ponseti method
Reply Up