Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>whoo hoo !! new frog!!
laundrymom 08:52 AM 11-24-2010
my newest frog was born yesterday afternoon!!!, c section after 36 hours of labor, Lots of bruising mom says but healthy and so is mom!!! another Thanksgiving blessing!!!
Im going to the hospital tonight to visit and spoil,.. I mean,... hold her. =-)
TGT09 09:17 AM 11-24-2010
I seriously don't understand this post. lol You are talking about a real live human baby, right? :-) If so, congrats!
laundrymom 09:31 AM 11-24-2010
yes, I used to call them bugs, but got bored, then called them monkeys, until someone complained that it was a racial term,.. so I am terrified of frogs,.. absolutely TERRIFIED,... so I began calling them frogs. =) all my dayfriends are my frogs. =-) goofy but,.. well. I am goofy. lol

Originally Posted by TGT09:
I seriously don't understand this post. lol You are talking about a real live human baby, right? :-) If so, congrats!

marniewon 09:54 AM 11-24-2010
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
yes, I used to call them bugs, but got bored, then called them monkeys, until someone complained that it was a racial term,.. so I am terrified of frogs,.. absolutely TERRIFIED,... so I began calling them frogs. =) all my dayfriends are my frogs. =-) goofy but,.. well. I am goofy. lol
"Monkey" is a racial term? Never heard that one before! Well, I've heard of porch monkeys, but thought that had to do with drug dealers/partiers who hung out on porches! Guess I've lived a sheltered life...lol~!

Congrats on your new frog
laundrymom 10:02 AM 11-24-2010
thanks!!!! yeah, I didnt know either, and I called them monkeys for about 5 years,.. but someone made a comment so I stopped. I would never want anyone to think I was teasing or being judgemental against anyone. Its not in me. So they are now frogs. =-) and I wish I could post a pic,.. I got on on my phone,.. she has TONS of dark black hair!!!! I cant wait to hold her!!!!

Originally Posted by marniewon:
"Monkey" is a racial term? Never heard that one before! Well, I've heard of porch monkeys, but thought that had to do with drug dealers/partiers who hung out on porches! Guess I've lived a sheltered life...lol~!

Congrats on your new frog

QualiTcare 05:09 PM 11-24-2010
thanks!!!! yeah, I didnt know either, and I called them monkeys for about 5 years,.. but someone made a comment so I stopped. I would never want anyone to think I was teasing or being judgemental against anyone. Its not in me. So they are now frogs. =-) and I wish I could post a pic,.. I got on on my phone,.. she has TONS of dark black hair!!!! I cant wait to hold her!!!!
people are nuts. i used to call my niece "bu" which is short for "Abu" who is the monkey on Alladin. it started cus i called her monkey and that was around the time that movie was popular and i called her Abu which turned into "bu" and my sister said it sounded racist because she was half black! puh-leeeeze!

now people call each other "boo" all the time what is that supposed to mean anyway!

congrats on the new "frog"
TGT09 05:13 PM 11-24-2010
Haha I'm pretty goofy too but still use monkey most of the time.
Reply Up