Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Letter To Variable Hrs Mom-Help Me Write It!
legomom922 07:05 AM 12-30-2010
This is what I have so far, can you help me tweak it?

I finally had a chance to sit down and study your new schedule that you had given me, and it’s quite hard to follow. I have found myself in a situation here and I only have come up with one answer after doing some research and contacting other daycare providers.

When I had to let Jack go, it opened up a slot in my daycare that now I have been trying to fill. I had it filled with a baby girl, however she needed Wednesdays as one of her days. That was fine with me before I received your new schedule, where you also now needed Wednesdays. According to NYS law, I cannot have over 2 children here at the same time, and with another client here on Wednesdays, that would have put me over my legal limit, so I had to decline the new client. This is when I realized I have a situation. Your schedule changes often and you need a lot of flexibility, however this creates a problem at my end because I cannot fill my slots that I have available because that would take available days away from you if you needed them, so in essence, I am holding days open for you for your changing schedule with no compensation, and that creates loss of income for me, and since I have chosen to work in the home instead of outside the home, this is how we meet our financial obligations, pay our mortgage and put food on the table etc.

In order to avoid scheduling conflicts with other clients in the future and to guarantee you that there will always be a slot held for you, I am offering you contracted hours of monday-friday 630am-230pm for $175/wk, which means you may use any hours in that time frame on any of those days as needed, and any hour needed beyond this would need to be pre-approved based on my availability, with at least 48 hrs notice and at the rate of $5/hr. This would allow me to add other clients to my other open slots, including my afterschool children.

Take a few days and talk about this together and let me me know what you decide to do. I'm sorry I have to put you in this situation, I really think alot of you and your family, and I'm so blessed that I have clients like you.

Thank you for considering this offer and I wish you a very Happy New Year!

Sincerely,
Tags:hours, hours vary
Up