Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas

Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas Post breakfast items, lunch items, and snack items that are all child friendly here. Each posting should include ONLY ONE meal option. The SUBJECT of each message should be ONLY the name of the food you are describing.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:06 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default 5 Week Rotating Menu

Does anyone have one they are willing to share? I bored, bored, bored by our food and want to try a rotation instead of just making it up on the fly week to week like I do. I am spending way to much time on food shopping, meal planning and prep and this is my last effort before having them bring their own lunches.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:19 PM
Daycare.com Member

I don't have a 5 week butI could share mine from this week... Now I don't do any meal prep, I just make it all when its lunch.

Monday: oatmeal, blackberries, milk/water
Lunch: homemade Mac and cheese(I use there Fannie mae recipe, and use kraft triple cheddar with a touch of cream cheese) frozen organic veggie medley(I do mostly all frozen vegetables, except zucchini and sweet potatoes,carrots, spinach and tomatoes) cantaloupe, milk
Snack:kiwi, oatmeal squares cereal, water

Tuesday: whole grain waffles with pure Maple syrup, strawberries, milk/water
Lunch:whole what spaghetti with organic sauce, Parmesan, French bread, zucchini, grapes, milk/water
Snack: organic yogurt with Granola on the side, water

Wednesday: whole wheat all natural pancakes pure Maple, kiwi, milk/water
Lunch: Turkey rollups with spinach and cream cheese on whole wheat tortilla, organic lentil soup, red peppers, grapes, milk/water
Snack: carrot sticks, cherry tomatoes with lite ranch, half a Graham cracker, and the other half if you eat all veggies, water.

Thursday: eggs,, whole wheat toast(half slice) mixed black berries and rasberries, milk/water
Lunch: shrimp, brown basmatti rice, org frozen green beans, oranges, milk/water
Snack: rice cake, grapes, water

Friday: whole wheat hoemade banana muffins, strawberries & blueberries, milk/water
Lunch: winter indoor picnic, homemade lunchabes, cheddar cheese, sliced Ham(I buy the lean Jenni o Turkey Ham) sliced, whole grain crackers, carrot sticks/red peppers, apple slices. Milk/water
Snack: string cheese, oranges, water (maybe not sure yet).

I start my lunches the earliest at 10:15 to have then ready by 10:50 (my son has afternoon kindy and bus come at 11:15, I don't spend to much time, like today we had rice takes a while so at 10i quickly got it in a pan, and then went back to what I was doing with the kids, and just kept talking a break to start the next item. I feed my son first, but the other kids after he leaves) they are usually doing clean up time, I lay the 8 plates out, get everything on them, enshrine gets washed up, I set out all their plates, napkins and cups, and then they start eating, assuming my baby is still sleeping or still happy, while they east, I start cleaning the kitchen
Old 03-22-2013, 06:27 PM
New Daycare.com Member

I too was tired of trying to think of meals each week. Then I started using a meal planning service for dinner and just make enough to have leftovers the next day for lunch. This works for me because I only have a family of 3 for dinner and then only serve myself and 2 one year olds at lunch so it may not work so well for someone with a larger family or daycare but its something you could look into. I am pretty sure they have meal plans for lunches too. I used a groupon and got a one year subscription which included 2 years of archives for only $25 which is about 50 cents per week! Totally worth it in my opinion. There are different ones but I use http://www.thefresh20.com/
Old 11-16-2013, 07:50 AM
Daycare.com Member

I took a look at thefresh20, I do think that is something I might do for next year. Annual membership with the archives is $54 and I really like the look of the sample menu they posted. I am hopeful the entire year is the same.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:27 AM
Daycare.com Member

I know this thread was started in January, but I always love extra meal ideas!

I plan lunches based on what's on sale, so I don't have a set menu.

To make the meal planning faster, we have meal type or style assigned to each day.
Monday=sandwich/wrap (any sandwich, any roll up/wrap, club sandwich triangles, grilled sandwich...)
Tuesday=pasta & meat (spaghetti, lasagna, tuna mac & cheese,...)
Wednesday=frozen entrée (nuggets, fish sticks, pizza,...not the healthiest day, but I am gone on Wednesday AM for awhile and my helper wants quick fixes)
Thursday=finger foods (homemade lunchable, kabob,...)
Friday=bread/meat alternative (any bread, breadstick, cracker with any meat alternative like egg, peanut butter, bean,...)
Old 12-28-2013, 12:06 PM
Daycare.com Member

I have one if anyone wants to see it. I can't upload it here, it tells me an invalid file (just a microsoft doc). if you want it you can comment here, pm me or email ashley@daycare.com requesting it.

It's nothing too fancy - a few repeats of the favorite meals the kids always want and makes an easy shopping list and quick preparation time.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:20 PM
Daycare.com Member

I do a 4 week rotating schedule.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:26 AM
Daycare.com Member

Taylor Tots I'd love to see your menu!
Old 04-15-2014, 08:41 PM
quirkycolors

I have a 10-week rotational menu. That way the kiddos can have lots of interesting foods and I have a premade menu. Less work and great benefit all around !!

I wish there was a way to attach a document to this, cause I'd attach my menu here. Dunno...
Old 04-15-2014, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quirkycolors View Post
I have a 10-week rotational menu. That way the kiddos can have lots of interesting foods and I have a premade menu. Less work and great benefit all around !!

I wish there was a way to attach a document to this, cause I'd attach my menu here. Dunno...
Create an account, log in to post and you'll have full access to upload/attachment options.