Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Backbone, huzzah!
SilverSabre25 08:00 AM 06-18-2012
Quoted a prospective family a higher rate than I have been charging AND a $70/week holding fee since they don't need a spot until October!

I bet I never hear from them again, but huzzah! I did it!

It was harder than it should have been to send off that email--even though it's a stranger I've never even spoken to and I know I have no obligation to be accommodating to every single family. It's still always been hard for me to stick up for myself and my business and my family and my needs.
SunshineMama 08:03 AM 06-18-2012
Awesome! I hope that it works out for you!
Former Teacher 05:41 PM 06-18-2012
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Quoted a prospective family a higher rate than I have been charging AND a $70/week holding fee since they don't need a spot until October!

It was harder than it should have been to send off that email--even though it's a stranger I've never even spoken to and I know I have no obligation to be accommodating to every single family. It's still always been hard for me to stick up for myself and my business and my family and my needs.

Unregistered 07:21 PM 06-18-2012
Let's see - backbone or money coming in, which would I prefer?
MyAngels 09:01 PM 06-18-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Uh - both? They're not mutually exclusive. Really, they're not.

Good job Silver! I really hope they call back and it works out.
SilverSabre25 09:01 PM 06-18-2012

...you didn't read, did you? They don't want a spot until October. This is June. I want the spot filled sooner, so either they pay for it, or I get to keep looking for a family that needs the spot NOW.

What on earth does your comment even imply, anyway? Other than a lack of reading comprehension...
Meyou 02:39 AM 06-19-2012

Good job Silver! One time I quoted a very, very high price to get rid of a very demanding potential client who was very pushy and she accepted it so I had to tell her I didn't have space!! Your story just reminded me of that. lol
saved4always 05:15 AM 06-19-2012
...you didn't read, did you? They don't want a spot until October. This is June. I want the spot filled sooner, so either they pay for it, or I get to keep looking for a family that needs the spot NOW.

What on earth does your comment even imply, anyway? Other than a lack of reading comprehension...
Don't worry about "unregistered". It is great that you were able to quote a rate and holding fee that was fair to you. If they are not willing to pay to keep the spot, then you didn't want them anyways.
Blackcat31 06:37 AM 06-19-2012

Way to go Silver!!! Good job standing your ground!

Sometimes being a child care provider means doing what is best and making sure a family you take on is the "perfect" fit for your program.

It isn't always about the income.....that is kind of shallow to assume that we should be in it for the money over the "right thing" to do at the time.
Kiki 06:50 AM 06-19-2012
Hooray!
Tags:backbone, raising rates
Reply Up