Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>thankless
Unregistered 05:00 AM 06-25-2015
After almost 6 yrs of 'helping' raise by doing daycare,early hours and late, being the next 'mom' after auntie ,gma and birth mom(who was out of the picture a lot).....divorcing dad(has kept me in the loop the whole time)tells me tues. that yesterday will be child's last day...time to spend some time at mom's(she just moved and is now ready for kid for rest of summer)they are leaving today to meet and do the exchange. Ok I knew it was coming....and in sept..gma will take over cause daycare costs had to go away since there's only one income. Here's my beef...gma and Dad come to pickup kid and cousin neither adult says thank you--------------I just spent 6 yrs dealing with this poor child and I don;t even get a verbal thanks. oh well onto child #80 when I get that call. thanks all I had to let it out.
mstonnie 08:09 AM 06-25-2015
Sorry that happened to you. It has happened to me more times than I like to remember (I have been in childcare for 27+ years). I have had a couple different parents do similar things in the last couple weeks. You would think that since we take care of their most precious thing in the world.
Unregistered 08:14 AM 06-25-2015
Midaycare logged out

I'm sorry . Really. Some people just don't "get it". Some people don't even like us - we are an expensive bill for them, and moms and dads wish their child could be at home instead.

Onto the next child, right? Just remember you are influencing young lives, not old ones
Shell 08:46 AM 06-25-2015
Some parents view out relationship as a business one, and figure they give us our "thanks" by paying us each week. I personally believe this is the wrong way to look at child care- we are raising most of these kids, and should get a simple thank you from time to time to keep us feeling good- kind of like a review at work.
I just had a parent recently show me her true colors after many years of watching her child. I thought we had a friendship, but when she couldn't get her way, she threatened to leave. It made me toughen up again and realize some parents really are just using our services because it's the best price/ closest location, etc.
It just stinks because so many of us put our hearts into these kids and families, and often it isn't reciprocated.
Reply Up