Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Disrespectful Parents
Clever Fox 11:30 AM 04-26-2018
I just had to get this off my chest, because I’m tired of disrespectful, clueless parents! This morning dad walks in with his two boys, and both boys are holding a handful of dandelions. You know, the ones that you blow and make a wish? Dad asked me if it was okay for them to bring them inside. Mind you, they are already inside. Anyway, I tell him NO they can’t bring them inside, becuase they will be all over the house! Well before I even finish telling them no, the boys blow them all over the place. I just can’t believe that the dad thought it was okay for them to bring them inside. Am I wrong for getting to upset about this? And would I be wrong if I took the kiddos out to go dandelion hunting and putting the dandelions in their lunch boxes to take home? Of course I would tell the kiddos that they can’t blow them until they get in the car to go home🤣
Jo123ABC 11:35 AM 04-26-2018
Rude! Whip out the water table and make mud pies just before closing time
Unregistered 12:01 PM 04-26-2018
I can totally relate! I have a family that I have been working with for 3 years. They have become too comfortable. They do not follow my illness rules, I have to hunt down my pay check at times. If they bring something here I do not like I just hand it back to mom or dad and say no. This job is not easy. The parents ruin it.
lovemykidstoo 02:05 PM 04-26-2018
Oh my gosh I would be irate!! What did the dad say?
Ariana 02:35 PM 04-26-2018
I would have taken the opprtunity to say “Thanks dad now are you going to clean this up?” And also “do not bring outside things into my house please, this is your only warning”

All said with a smile of course
e.j. 02:47 PM 04-26-2018
"...and that's why we don't bring dandelions into the house, Dad!" (said as you hand him the broom and dust pan)

I had a dcm who, every morning, used to pluck strands of her long hair off her child's clothing and let it drop onto my kitchen floor. I didn't want to embarrass her by saying something and it felt a little petty to me to say something but I can tell you it bothered me!
Ac114 06:06 AM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by e.j.:
"...and that's why we don't bring dandelions into the house, Dad!" (said as you hand him the broom and dust pan)

I had a dcm who, every morning, used to pluck strands of her long hair off her child's clothing and let it drop onto my kitchen floor. I didn't want to embarrass her by saying something and it felt a little petty to me to say something but I can tell you it bothered me!
Eww that’s just gross and I would not be happy about that either.
Blackcat31 07:02 AM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by Clever Fox:
I just had to get this off my chest, because I’m tired of disrespectful, clueless parents! This morning dad walks in with his two boys, and both boys are holding a handful of dandelions. You know, the ones that you blow and make a wish? Dad asked me if it was okay for them to bring them inside. Mind you, they are already inside. Anyway, I tell him NO they can’t bring them inside, becuase they will be all over the house! Well before I even finish telling them no, the boys blow them all over the place. I just can’t believe that the dad thought it was okay for them to bring them inside. Am I wrong for getting to upset about this? And would I be wrong if I took the kiddos out to go dandelion hunting and putting the dandelions in their lunch boxes to take home? Of course I would tell the kiddos that they can’t blow them until they get in the car to go home🤣
I would have said something like EJ said and used the whole thing as an example of why we don't bring dandelions in the house.

Parents don't always realize what is and isn't appropriate and after being in this profession for a while I can't say I am surprised anymore by what some parents do/think is okay so it's my responsibility as the business owner and the home owner as well as the house cleaner to speak up and address things I don't find acceptable.

As for gathering dandelions and putting them in the child's lunch box?
Funny for sure but two wrongs don't make a right and like I teach my daycare kids...when you do something you know is wrong simply because some one else did it first, that doesn't make you right or justified, it just makes you twice as wrong.

Take the high road...it's always the best choice.
Tags:clueless parents, disrespectful parents
Reply Up