Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Who Has A Felt Board?
mema 01:17 PM 01-04-2012
I'm going to be making one, so the kids have been coming up with things they would like for it. I came across this

http://www.dltk-kids.com/type/felt_board.htm

and the kids have been coloring the farm things! I laminated them and then glued sandpaper to the back. Will this work? I know it says to do that, but does it last or will I be constantly putting sandpaper back on?

Any other ideas for what to cut out of felt besides things to go with stories/songs?
SilverSabre25 01:39 PM 01-04-2012
Snowman making
Christmas tree decorating
Jack o Lantern making
Dressing a person
clouds and trees and houses and flowers and other assorted thingys
Cat Herder 02:39 PM 01-04-2012
"Drawing" with yarn on them has been a hit here, recently.
MARSTELAC 02:46 PM 01-04-2012
Shapes & numbers!

We use a felt board frequently here. I got it from FUNSHINE. I also got several packets of nursery rhyme-related felts and bought the corresponding books (books from dollar stores) so we sometimes read the story and the kids put up the felts.
LOVE THE FELT BOARD!!! (I never thought to make my own)
1vs7omg 05:40 PM 01-04-2012
I made a felt board from a big box. I cut the box to about 2 1/2ft x 2 1/2 feet. I bought 1 yd of felt at walmart and glued it to box. I have been using it with my 3yr old grandson and he loves it.
melskids 03:31 AM 01-05-2012
I use file folder games as well, instead of putting them in a actual file folder.

matching games, sorting games, making pattens, parquetry blocks (made out of paper shapes) that sort of thing.

catherder...awesome idea with the yarn! I cant wait to try that!!!! Thanks!!!
Cat Herder 07:59 AM 01-05-2012
Originally Posted by melskids:
catherder...awesome idea with the yarn! I cant wait to try that!!!! Thanks!!!
I can't take credit for the idea....

It came from a 3 year old and playing with his shoe laces....
Tags:curriculum - age appropriate, curriculum - play based, felt boards, felt stories, printables, yarn
Reply Up