Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare @ Barnes & Noble
PitterPatter 05:48 PM 09-15-2011
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0...1_lnk3%7C95844

Sutherland is accused of leaving her children at the bookstore for more than seven hours on three separate occasions. Police arrested the 41-year-old mom on Saturday and charged her with six misdemeanor counts of endangering a child's welfare.

What is wrong with people?
Blackcat31 07:35 PM 09-15-2011
In my day as an 11 yr old, that would have been heaven ...
As a 6 yr old, neat....for a little while and in today's world it is absolutely sad.
SilverSabre25 06:46 AM 09-16-2011
well the first thought I have is from the last paragraph of the article: ""My children were home for the summer, not going to school, and one of the things they love to do, they love to read," Sutherland told ABC News. "They tell me all about the how the store has a children's section and they can read the books and leave them there so I don't have to buy them, which, frankly, I couldn't afford to do."

It sounds to me like this lady a) needs a library and b) has never been into the store herself and c) NEEDS A LIBRARY.

Sheesh.
Christina72684 07:20 AM 09-16-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
well the first thought I have is from the last paragraph of the article: ""My children were home for the summer, not going to school, and one of the things they love to do, they love to read," Sutherland told ABC News. "They tell me all about the how the store has a children's section and they can read the books and leave them there so I don't have to buy them, which, frankly, I couldn't afford to do."

It sounds to me like this lady a) needs a library and b) has never been into the store herself and c) NEEDS A LIBRARY.

Sheesh.
That's exactly what I was thinking!
sharlan 08:26 AM 09-16-2011
I was thinking the same thing. Book stores are there to SELL books, that's how they make money.

Libraries loan books for people to read.
Cat Herder 08:27 AM 09-16-2011
Sadly this is not uncommon around here.

Most of the Public City Pools, Parks and Rec. Center Playgrounds have been abused for years and are shutting down. Our are being turned into walking tracks instead.

Bowling alleys, movie theatres, skating rinks, libraries etc. deal with this daily.

McD's, Burger King and a few others have taken out their play spaces for this reason.

Chuckie Cheeses have bouncers, now.

The constant search for free daycare costs us all.
Tags:abuse, article
Reply Up