Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Revisiting Potty Training Policy, What Are Your Non-Negotiables?
daycarediva 11:23 AM 07-24-2018
My checklist
ready, willing, and able to use the toilet
able to verbally express the need to go
able to hold it for short periods of time
able to step on/off the toilet independently
able to assist with clothing, moving towards clothing independence

I would like to include some bits about what it means to be ready, but my brain is just on repeat screaming internally about moms pregnant with #2 always forcing PT'ing on a not-ready toddler.

I would also like to include bits about what I WILL and WILL NOT do eg. rewards, incentives. I only have that I will not take them more frequently unless they request to go. We already go at 2 hour intervals.
boy_mom 12:25 PM 07-24-2018
I would add no incentives, rewards or punishments (I once had a family request times outside after an accident ). I would also put a disclaimer that readiness at home doesn't always equate to readiness st daycare, especially for those parents pushing it.

I always explained to parents that I will assist but not do it for you. So if you stop at home, please let me know, and if child isn't showing interest at daycare I am able to stop at my discretion.
Blackcat31 12:37 PM 07-24-2018
I PM'ed you my policies for toilet training.
Baby Beluga 01:40 PM 07-24-2018
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I would also like to include bits about what I WILL and WILL NOT do eg. rewards, incentives. I only have that I will not take them more frequently unless they request to go. We already go at 2 hour intervals.
I have an entire page dedicated to my potty training process and philosophy. This is part of it:

As part of group care, (program name) takes children to the restroom every 1.5 - 2 hours unless the child asks beforehand. (Program name) is unable to participate in sticker charts, food or candy rewards, potty watches, potty timers or taking children at short intervals to use the restroom during their potty training process. Instead we celebrate potty successes with high fives, cheers, songs and dances.
jenboo 11:51 PM 07-24-2018
I added "taking a child to the bathroom at timed intervals means the parent is trained, not the child".

I think I got that from blackcat
Unregistered 06:27 AM 07-25-2018
No underwear until child is accident free for two weeks.
Tags:potty training policy
Reply Up