Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Favorite Nap Mats...
CityGarden 09:32 PM 02-25-2018
After debating what type of nap surface I wanted (cots vs. folding Regalo cots vs. mats, etc.) and delaying the big purchase for far too long I have decided to invest in nap mats.

Currently the dcks nap in a plush carpeted room but due to increased enrollment at naptime I want to switch naps to my main area that has tiled floors, they can be hard and cold which I need to be mindful of.... any nap mat suggestions with that in mind? Are there any good quality favorite nap mats?

TIA
Michael 02:50 AM 02-26-2018
Here are more threads on mats: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=mats
Tin Blues 04:48 AM 02-26-2018
Mine are from Lakeshore Learning. I’ve had them for 7 years and they have no signs of wear at all. I also had some folding mats from Walmart. They did not wear well and I ended up throwing them out.
Homebody 06:24 AM 02-26-2018
We use the ECR4Kids 2" rainbow rest mats. You can get a 5 pack on amazon. I slip them inside sleeping bags for extra padding. I've had them for 2 years and they haven't shown any signs of wear and tear. Your lucky you can use mats on hard surfaces. My state will only allow us to use mats on carpeted areas, and we have to use cots on areas that have hardwood, tile, etc.
hwichlaz 07:23 AM 02-26-2018
ECR4Kids rainbow rest mats...2 inch thick. I use them as back up to my cots when I have extra kids. They seem comfy.
CityGarden 01:28 PM 02-26-2018
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
ECR4Kids rainbow rest mats...2 inch thick. I use them as back up to my cots when I have extra kids. They seem comfy.
These are one of the two I’m considering. They cost only slightly less than the cots on Amazon.... since you have both how do they compare to the cots? Do they take up less room? Are they comfy etc.?
CityGarden 01:29 PM 02-26-2018
Originally Posted by Homebody:
We use the ECR4Kids 2" rainbow rest mats. You can get a 5 pack on amazon. I slip them inside sleeping bags for extra padding. I've had them for 2 years and they haven't shown any signs of wear and tear. Your lucky you can use mats on hard surfaces. My state will only allow us to use mats on carpeted areas, and we have to use cots on areas that have hardwood, tile, etc.
Thanks this is one set I’m considering I just wish Amazon had the earth tone set in stock
CityGarden 01:33 PM 02-26-2018
Originally Posted by Tin Blues:
Mine are from Lakeshore Learning. I’ve had them for 7 years and they have no signs of wear at all. I also had some folding mats from Walmart. They did not wear well and I ended up throwing them out.
These are the other set I’ve been look at... plus I could use a $25 off coupon. I have a local store so it’s good to know they have help up well.

I may swing by there to see them tomorrow.
CityGarden 03:13 PM 02-26-2018
Would you all suggest nap mats in the same color or different colors if the price is the same?
hwichlaz 05:41 PM 02-26-2018
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
These are one of the two I’m considering. They cost only slightly less than the cots on Amazon.... since you have both how do they compare to the cots? Do they take up less room? Are they comfy etc.?
An entire stack of cots vs an entire stack of mats....is going to be about a 2 or 3-inch difference in height. We use the cots stacked in 3's with a mat on top, and slipcovered as a kids' section sofa.
hwichlaz 05:42 PM 02-26-2018
The mats are warmer. The cots have airflow under them, so if that air is cold the child will be too.
Tags:mat foam, mats
Reply Up