Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Vacation & New Inquiries
284878 09:04 AM 08-20-2020
How do you handle daycare inquiries while on vacation?
I had a few calls just before vacation and now a couple while I am home but still closed. I responded back to them but I wondered if a quick, I am closed for vacation message was appropriate or should I just act as if I was open and respond, tour etc...

What do you do while on vacation with new inquiries either by phone or email?
Blackcat31 09:08 AM 08-20-2020
I always respond with a short simple text or email that I am on vacation and will get back to them on XX date.

I also direct them to my website as it usually answers any questions they might have before I get back to them after vacation.

If they are in need of immediate care, that's on them... I can't accommodate someone else's failure to plan.

I don't vacation for months at a time so I don't think my limitations are unrealistic.
AmyKidsCo 12:42 PM 08-20-2020
Depends on what they're looking for and if I have openings. If I don't have openings and they have an infant I wait until after vacation because my next infant opening is a year out. If I have openings I'll respond to see where it goes. I wouldn't schedule an interview during vacation though.

Generally I don't respond to calls/texts outside of open hours unless it's a current family. I figure KinderCare owner/admin aren't answering those phones outside of open hours so why should I?
Mariposa 11:16 PM 08-20-2020
Depends on how you feel. If you feel bothered, then change your VM and anywhere else or send a quick text. I wouldn't ignore someone-they mY think you're rude and move on.

For me, I am not bothered at all. I told people at work to call me over my Honeymoon if they needed. Of course, nobody did. I am weird, though-speaking of, I had guests over night before wedding, made them breakfast, and set up and tore down|cleaned my own venue. 🤣
Cat Herder 04:21 AM 08-21-2020
My marriage is my first priority, so I don't answer business calls before/after business hour's or on vacation. Works both ways. I don't intend to spend my life waiting on a shelf, either.

The outgoing message on my daycare phone (that is left in the playroom and happily out of mind) would tell them to leave a message, when to expect a return call and route them to my business or state licensing page for further information in the meantime.
Tags:communication, inquiry, vacation
Reply Up