Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Different Rate For Potty Trained Vs. Non-Potty Trained?
newtodaycare22 10:44 AM 08-25-2011
Do you charge a different rate for potty trained and not potty trained? And if yes...how much extra do you charge? Thanks!
cheerfuldom 10:46 AM 08-25-2011
no, its all the same to me. pottying kids takes just as much time as changing diapers. even if they can go on their own completely without reminders, they are old enough to need lots more activities and not so much free play so the care required even outs to me.
Cat Herder 10:51 AM 08-25-2011
If I had my way I'd charge more for the potty trained ones...

That means I have to keep 3 more rooms "inspection ready" at all times. (any room they have to walk through to get to bathroom, plus bathroom itself)

I don't pass on that cost to the parents because it is not something they caused...
Crazy8 10:55 AM 08-25-2011
no, not for potty trained vs. non-potty trained but I do have a slightly higher rate for infants. my reasoning is because of state regs I am more limited in how many kids I can take depending on the number of infants.
tbutler 10:58 AM 08-25-2011
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
no, its all the same to me. pottying kids takes just as much time as changing diapers. even if they can go on their own completely without reminders, they are old enough to need lots more activities and not so much free play so the care required even outs to me.
Great way to look at it. Your response makes me feel better for not charging more for non-potty trained kids.
newtodaycare22 11:03 AM 08-25-2011
Interesting-not the response I expected.

In my area, I see higher prices for age groups. I have 5 potty trained preschoolers and took on 1 "potty training" 2 year old. The extra price never dawned on me until the mom offered to pay it.

Spending the time potty training this girl does take more effort and time for me, but maybe that's because she is the 'odd one out'. Everyone else runs and uses the bathroom quick and have to wait for me to go and help her in the potty before we go.

I guess it's also just an age thing that requires more for me. For example, I can't leave out scissors and glue, like I used to be able to. So I'm taking them up and down as kids need them, storing them on a shelf. I also have to take a stroller certain places before, where my 4 year olds don't need them.
mismatchedsocks 11:07 AM 08-25-2011
No i do not. I dont want the argument with parents on their children being potty trained at home, when CLEARLY they are not fully potty trained without you putting them on the potty every 10 minutes!
Kaddidle Care 11:07 AM 08-25-2011
We charge $5.00 extra - I can't remember if it's per week or month but it's a why bother IMHO.
Country Kids 03:47 PM 08-25-2011
I charge more for non-potty trained. It takes me much longer to get out the mat, change the child, bag up the diaper, wash their hands plus mine and then sterilize the mat again and start all over with the next one.

Also, per my contract they have to be FULLLY potty trained before receiving that price. No diapers or pulll-ups at all and I decide when they will receive the potty trained price not the parent.
mom2many 03:52 PM 08-25-2011
I charge the same rate whether they are potty trained or not.
nannyde 05:13 PM 08-25-2011
No

It's easier for us to do diapers than toileting. Here, the amount of staff time to supervise children on the toilet is more than the time to manage diapers. Way more.
TBird 07:08 PM 08-25-2011
Originally Posted by LittleDiamonds:
no, not for potty trained vs. non-potty trained but I do have a slightly higher rate for infants. my reasoning is because of state regs I am more limited in how many kids I can take depending on the number of infants.
Ditto here...$25 more per week for infants (under 2). Potty trained...not potty trained...it's all work to me!
boysx5 04:26 AM 08-26-2011
I agree with diaper changing being eaiser. I have three training right now and I feel like I live in the bathroom and cleaning up is another story
VanessaEO 07:41 AM 08-26-2011
Originally Posted by lilrugrats:
No i do not. I dont want the argument with parents on their children being potty trained at home, when CLEARLY they are not fully potty trained without you putting them on the potty every 10 minutes!
This is my thought 1000%.
Blackcat31 08:38 AM 08-26-2011
Originally Posted by lilrugrats:
I charge a specific rate until they are toilet trained. The key is making sure BOTH you and the parents understand what that definition is. For me, it is going a full 30 days without an accident at my house. I don't care how long they've been "trained" at home.

When they have made their 30 days, then the toilet trained rate will start being applied.
Tags:potty trained - not, potty training
Reply Up