Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare and Taxes

Daycare and Taxes All things related to Taxes and running a Daycare post here. Topics of tax exemptions, forms, filings, tax write offs, IRS etc.

Old 12-31-2019, 07:27 AM
New Daycare.com Member

Default Security Deposit and First Week Deposit?

I contracted with a family in November 2019 for start in February 2020. i have already received payment for the security deposit and the first week tuition. What year do I claim this? 2019 or 2020? Thanks.
Old 12-31-2019, 10:33 AM
Business Author/Trainer

Default when to deposit income?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimel61 View Post
I contracted with a family in November 2019 for start in February 2020. i have already received payment for the security deposit and the first week tuition. What year do I claim this? 2019 or 2020? Thanks.
2019. Report income in the year you receive it, not the year you earned it. See my article on this: http://tomcopelandblog.com/when-do-you-report-income-3

Tags
deposits, taxable income, tom copeland