Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Food Handlers Class
Thriftylady 09:19 PM 10-01-2014
Have you taken it? Do you find it helpful for daycare and getting clients? Would you consider it a "training"? Being legally unlicensed, I don't have to take trainings, however I am running much as I did when I was licensed in Kansas. I want to take trainings and keep up on things. So it is only $7 and can be done online. My daughter is going to take it to use with her job at our church camp where she has worked running the dishwasher last year and volunteered doing it the year before. She is hoping for a promotion, and has to have this to get it. I was thinking we could do it together and I could use it for my daycare as well. Thoughts?
Play Care 02:58 AM 10-02-2014
I honestly don't see the value in it and don't know that parents would, either. I think they would assume that you know how to properly handle and prepare food.
The only time I advertise about a training/credential I have is if it would drastically add to my program (having a degree, or becoming a certified Montessori teacher/program, etc) The one exception would be having a current CPR/First Aid cert.
DaveA 05:37 AM 10-02-2014
Really it won't be something that parents are going to consider one way or the other. However, if it's $7 and online it can't hurt to take it.
Reply Up