Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Size Diaper?
Unregistered 08:23 AM 12-01-2016
What size diaper should a 16 pound 6 month old be wearing? She is in a size 2 at day care but at home she wears a 3. Mom brought a box of 2s and they are getting snug on the baby. Kind of erks me they use a better brand and size of diapers and send smaller cheaper brand to daycare. Is there a size chart somewhere?
Cat Herder 08:37 AM 12-01-2016
It wont matter, they all do it. Smaller size = more for less

IMHO, It is better to provide diapers/wipes and charge.
Leigh 08:39 AM 12-01-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
What size diaper should a 16 pound 6 month old be wearing? She is in a size 2 at day care but at home she wears a 3. Mom brought a box of 2s and they are getting snug on the baby. Kind of erks me they use a better brand and size of diapers and send smaller cheaper brand to daycare. Is there a size chart somewhere?
They need the size that fits and WORKS, basically. If the 2's aren't containing the mess, then they need to move up. If you feel that the child needs 3's (and I'm sure that a 6 month old DOES need 3's), then I'd tell Mom that you need size 3's and hand her back ALL of the 2's when you do, so that she can't say that she expected you to use up the 2's.
Blackcat31 08:39 AM 12-01-2016
Usually it's just whatever size and/or brand that works best.

If the size two diapers aren't working anymore at daycare, just let mom know you need the next bigger size for daycare.
laundrymom 08:41 AM 12-01-2016
I figure a smaller diaper
holds less and gets changed more. When they outgrow a size we seem to go through them quite fast. 🤓
daycarediva 10:06 AM 12-01-2016
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:

This is what I did years and years ago. Raised rates across the board and included diapers and wipes. Pampers, dangit!

I would hand them back and tell her "These are too small! We will need size 3's tomorrow! Thanks!"

They probably have a bunch leftover and are trying to pawn them off on you.
Leigh 12:17 PM 12-01-2016
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:

I agree. I supply everything. I don't let parents bring me anything-bottles, diapers, wipes, blankets-nothing. I raised my rates by about triple my actual costs for providing this stuff, and am happy that I did. No more begging for diapers/wipes, no more trying to keep everyone's stash separate, no more wrong sizes...much easier. Not only can you raise rates, but everything you provide is deductible, too.
Silly Songs 01:34 PM 12-01-2016
I think diapers, like clothing, depends on the brand.
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 01:46 PM 12-01-2016
...and I thought that just happened here! Comforts here; Huggies at home. I do not understand this. I have NOTHING against the bargain brand (as I use them on my own kids). Why buy/use two different kinds? I do not get it.
finsup 02:28 PM 12-01-2016
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
This is what I did years and years ago. Raised rates across the board and included diapers and wipes. Pampers, dangit!

I would hand them back and tell her "These are too small! We will need size 3's tomorrow! Thanks!"

They probably have a bunch leftover and are trying to pawn them off on you.

Yup, I did the same thing. I got tired of handing diapers back. I got the "we're just trying to use them up" all the time. Yup, great, do it at home, im not dealing with more changes then I have to or leaks. Providing diapers/wipes etc has been great. Huge selling point to parents too as no one here provides them.
Crazy8 02:36 PM 12-01-2016
As soon as diapers start leaking I tell parents they need next size. I have found the sizes on the packages aren't always correct as body shapes can be so different. Pampers says size 2 is up to 18 lbs.
Maybe they have a few packs of the smaller ones to use up and they know you will go thru them faster than they would at home - sometimes we are changing a child 5-6 times a day where the parent is only changing them 2-3 times.
284878 06:54 AM 12-02-2016
Diaper charts
Attached: 441474c4baf4b6f957826faaf3ddc756.jpg (23.6 KB) llllllll.jpg (41.4 KB) 
midaycare 06:59 AM 12-02-2016
I just tell them they need the next size by the next day if it's not working for me. Not working equals leakage. More than one time in a few days is a problem.
Tags:diaper size, diapers - messy, diapers leaking, pet peeves
Reply Up