Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Stopping Pink Eye
SilverSabre25 05:19 AM 10-22-2012
Three weeks ago, DD came down with pink eye. I presume she got it at school or something, no biggie. Caught it pretty early and got her some antibiotic eye drops for it. I called off daycare the next day (first time in almost three years ) so that I could deal with it and because pink eye is so freaking contagious. No one else got it. I breathed a sigh of relief.

The last Thursday, we got a call at 6:30 AM that by 14 mo dcb seemed to have it and later that day it was confirmed. Next day (Friday), his sister got it. Saturday, I got it. Sunday, DH got it! DH has it bad enough that he had to stay home from work today. Today, I have it in my other eye .

I don't know quite what else to do. I do NOT know what is spreading it right now. We've cleaned, DH and I of course avoid touching our eyes and wash our hands immediately if we do (it's just inevitable sometimes!). I don't want this to spread any further. I don't want my 16 month old to get it, I don't want DD to get it, or pass it back to the dcks...anyone have any further advice on stopping the spread of this stupid plague?
countrymom 06:36 AM 10-22-2012
well do any of the kids have colds, because the easiest way to get pink eye is from wiping their nose and then touching their eyes. I bet you many don't even realize that they are doing it. Also, I wouldn't have closed, ds had it on the way to florida and no one else got it. Just good hand washing too. And make sure its not an eye infection either (dd had it last week)
Springdaze 06:40 AM 10-22-2012
keep the meds and if anyone in your family starts to show signs, start droppin! make sure you change pillow cases too!
itlw8 08:28 AM 10-22-2012
and treat both eyes
Michael 02:31 PM 10-22-2012
Some threads on Pick Eye: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=pink+eye
Tags:pink eye
Reply Up