Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>"Sticky Situations with your Child Care Provider"
AfterSchoolMom 08:36 AM 10-19-2011
This segment is coming up on Good Morning America. They're going to talk about "how to handle sticky situations". Let's see what they have to say...

ps - Yes, I'm watching TV at 11:30 on a Wednesday. I have no DCK's right now.
MsMe 08:38 AM 10-19-2011
I can't watch, but I can't wait to hear what they have to say!! Keep us updated!!
Cat Herder 08:39 AM 10-19-2011
Originally Posted by AfterSchoolMom:
This segment is coming up on Good Morning America. They're going to talk about "how to handle sticky situations". Let's see what they have to say...

ps - Yes, I'm watching TV at 11:30 on a Wednesday. I have no DCK's right now.
Cool!!!! Thanks for the heads up!!

Mine are all occupied by my DH and Castle Building right now.

I love it on "all boys" days...
AfterSchoolMom 08:45 AM 10-19-2011
Here's the gist:

"What do you do if your daycare provider won't follow your instructions?"

99% of issues can be solved via written agreement, so that expectations are known up front.

Don't micromanage or overcompensate due to guilt.

"A friend is looking for a nanny, and wants the info for your part time nanny. Do you give it out?" No!

"What if your nanny asks for a raise and you can't afford it?" Give her a couple of hours off or a vacation day instead.

They also said that the "going rate" is at least 15 an hour for a babysitter!!! Don't I wish!

I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised by what the experts had to say. I was ready for the old "you're the boss of your provider" argument, but they didn't go in that direction at all.
2ndFamilyDC 08:56 AM 10-19-2011
Interesting ......... thanks for sharing. Always nice to know what the "experts" have to say.
MarinaVanessa 09:20 AM 10-19-2011
Wow, impressive. I'll watch it later during nap directly from their website. I think it's funny that they said a babysitter gets paid $15 an hour. That's nice of them if they're trying to get people to give their caretakers a raise but $15 an hour is what Nanny pay starts at lol. Maybe that's what they meant.
Tags:sticky situations
Reply Up