Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Playground equipment
JaydensMommy 10:48 AM 07-19-2011
So I am looking to purchase playground equipment for my daycare. The ages I provide care for right now are 9 months - 7 years. I'm wondering if I should purchase a smaller plastic set, right now I'm looking into the Step 2 Clubhouse Climber, or should I purchase a larger wooden set??? What do you guys think would be best??
CheekyChick 10:55 AM 07-19-2011
We just redid our playground with all Step 2 and Little Tikes equipement. The wooden swing sets look beautiful, but they were too big for my 2 and 3 year olds. We have the Clubhouse Climber and the children LOVE it. They call it their ship.
JaydensMommy 10:58 AM 07-19-2011
Originally Posted by CheekyChick:
We just redid our playground with all Step 2 and Little Tikes equipement. The wooden swing sets look beautiful, but they were too big for my 2 and 3 year olds. We have the Clubhouse Climber and the children LOVE it. They call it their ship.
Exactly what I'm afraid of because I have a 9month old, 2 1/2 year old, 2- 3yr olds, 2- 4yr olds and one 7 yr old. I am afraid a wooden set would be too big for the younger ones. Do you have 4-5 yr olds??? Do they like the clubhouse climber??
CheekyChick 11:05 AM 07-19-2011
Originally Posted by JaydensMommy:
Exactly what I'm afraid of because I have a 9month old, 2 1/2 year old, 2- 3yr olds, 2- 4yr olds and one 7 yr old. I am afraid a wooden set would be too big for the younger ones. Do you have 4-5 yr olds??? Do they like the clubhouse climber??
I have a 7 and 8 year old (summer only) and even they love it!!! They have to duck down so they don't bump their heads, but they enjoy it as much as our little ones do. Just one thing... It appears much larger on the Step 2 website. It's not that big, but it's really sturdy. I would 100% recommend it.
Meeko 11:32 AM 07-19-2011
I have Little Tikes and Step 2 equipment in the house. We have two slides and a cabin. When we go outside, we take the parachute, balls, etc.

We keep the big stuff inside so that if it is too hot or too cold (this is Utah!) the kids can still climb and stretch get the wiggles out. Our front room area is our "garden" room. I am still working on the murals that will be trees and flowers and hills and bears etc.....to give it an outdoor feel. It has a cathedral ceiling which helps it feel airy.
Attached: log-cabin-playhousen.jpg (38.1 KB) slide.jpg (99.7 KB) climber.jpg (44.3 KB) 
SimpleMom 11:41 AM 07-19-2011
Oooh, I love the "garden" room decor idea for indoor large muscle play! I want to do that here, but have to work on that as of yet.

I have a climber outdoors and indoors, the one outdoors has two slides and a tunnel (my older pre-k's use it most), and a smaller slide/climber that my younger ones prefer. All ages have fun with my playhouse and sandbox area.

I also have the ball play, jump ropes, outdoor games, parachute, we tend a garden area in back, hoola hoops, etc. They all have fun with those, too. Sometimes, they'd be just fine with outdoor games and the teeter-totter if they are over the age of 4.

I used to have a swing set, which was fun, except that there were a few accidents from children getting bumped into--usually bumped their heads since they are just the right height. When that became old, I just didn't replace it with a swing set. My older ones miss that, but all the younger ones are just fine without it.

I would certainly say that my setup is geared more for those under 5yrs.
JaydensMommy 12:39 PM 07-19-2011
Thanks for the input.. I think I will be going with a smaller set like the clubhouse climber. I don't want to have to worry about the kids falling off a bigger one.. I just hope the older ones like it too!
Tags:2011, advertisement
Reply Up