Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Missing the toilet....
MARSTELAC 07:32 AM 06-01-2011
Does anyone else have this problem? Kids go in to the bathroom and by the time they are done in there, there is urine all over the toilet and floor?

It is mostly the older boys (like 7 to 10 years old) but also the 4 and up boys and girls.

I am tired of cleaning urine up off of everything.
mrsp'slilpeeps 08:10 AM 06-01-2011
If they are older, i get them to clean it up. And if they cant manage to aim in the bowl, I tell them that they have to sit down to pee. I refuse to clean up pee anymore.
MyAngels 08:13 AM 06-01-2011
I have had this happen occasionally, usually it's with boys that are 4 or so. I just tell them that I will have to come in with them if they can't hit the bowl. They don't want to feel like the "little ones" so they normally pay better attention after that.
Zoe 08:42 AM 06-01-2011
That happened to me this morning with my 9yo SA! He thought it would hilarious if he urinated all over my bathroom! First time he did that in the entire time he's been here. I made him clean it up. He's only here for 2 more days so I don't have any suggestions for you. Just know you're not alone!
boysx5 09:27 AM 06-01-2011
oh yes I have five sons I'm use to it I my best friend is clorox wipes my OB told me about them when I was having my fourth son
DaisyMamma 09:34 AM 06-01-2011
Yep, give them the antibacterial wipes and tell them to do it. It is gross. After they have to do it a few times they start to pay better attention.
MARSTELAC 03:25 PM 06-01-2011
I SOOO want to do this....do you think licensing would have an issue with it?
Hunni Bee 04:48 PM 06-01-2011
I hate it...I have 3 and 4 year old boys. And the floor behind the toilets is usually coated in pee by the end of the day...they just stand there and let it rip. They don't even try to aim. If I catch them leaving out of the bathroom and there's pee on the toilet or floor, and I know for sure it's that kid's pee, I make them clean it up.

But sometimes I don't catch it and my little girls have to go behind them and sit in it...because they never put the seat up either.
nannyde 04:50 PM 06-01-2011
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:
I hate it...I have 3 and 4 year old boys. And the floor behind the toilets is usually coated in pee by the end of the day...they just stand there and let it rip. They don't even try to aim. If I catch them leaving out of the bathroom and there's pee on the toilet or floor, and I know for sure it's that kid's pee, I make them clean it up.

But sometimes I don't catch it and my little girls have to go behind them and sit in it...because they never put the seat up either.
We put towels around the back of the toilet to protect the tile behind it.
Tags:bathroom, mess, toilet, urine
Reply Up