Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Mailing Quarterly Taxes
Abigail 12:35 PM 04-09-2012
Where can I find how to estimate my quarterly taxes for 2012 and get the mailing address to mail a check? I'm trying to figure out for Jan-Feb-March 2012 and I'm guessing the check is late or due any day now. Do I add up my income and food program income and take 20% and write a check to the IRS? Thanks!
TomCopeland 04:27 PM 04-09-2012
You will see the address to mail your Form 1040ES on the instructions to the form. Download the form from www.irs.gov. The deadline for the first quarter of 2012 is April 17, 2012. A ballpark estimate of what you will owe in taxes is to add your parent income and food program income together and multiply by 20%. This can vary depending on your circumstances. If you've done your 2011 taxes, you should use this as a guide going forward.
Abigail 07:10 PM 04-10-2012
I just started daycare this January officially so can't go based off last years. If I want my husband to hold extra money from his paychecks so avoid paying so much quarterly what is it called for him to go into work and change something? Also, I get to see you this Saturday. I am taking a paid personal day to travel for Saturday's training! BTW, I still need to do last years taxes. UGH

Since I didn't get kids, I pretty much do regular taxes, but I can claim all my receipts on schedule C and that is it right? I just had one daycare kid as a drop in $25 one day so I don't think I can do anything else. Hmm one days meals I suppose would go where?
TomCopeland 09:28 AM 04-11-2012
Your husband needs to fill out a new Form W-4. He can tell the personnel office how much additional he wants taken out each pay check.

File Schedule C even with only $25 as income. Claim food expenses under line 27 Other Expenses. You can also deduct supplies, toys, etc.
Abigail 10:29 PM 04-12-2012
Do you know where I put down for donations to non-profit organizations just in general?
TomCopeland 08:15 AM 04-13-2012
Originally Posted by Abigail:
Do you know where I put down for donations to non-profit organizations just in general?
Record charitable donations as an itemized expense on Schedule A.
Tags:due, fee, irs, payment, quarterly, taxes
Reply Up