Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Recording Expenses
TwinMama 08:06 AM 04-04-2017
I've been using Minute Menu the past few years and it works ok. I was just wondering if anyone uses Quickbooks or anything that may work better.
CityGarden 09:12 AM 04-04-2017
No advice but I'm interested in this same information
LittleScholars 10:19 AM 04-04-2017
Originally Posted by TwinMama:
I've been using Minute Menu the past few years and it works ok. I was just wondering if anyone uses Quickbooks or anything that may work better.
I've tried both and I prefer Quickbooks. I'll admit that I only tried Minute Menu for a short while because it just didn't have certain features QB does and I didn't want to waste my time. I prefer QB because:
-It automatically tracks my mileage. When I have a minute, I just note whether it was business or personal.
-You can link it to your bank account and create rules so it automatically sorts things (business, personal, or t/s).
-At the time, I felt the categories in QB better reflected my spending and the way my accountant wanted to see things sorted.
TwinMama 05:34 AM 04-05-2017
Originally Posted by LittleScholars:
I've tried both and I prefer Quickbooks. I'll admit that I only tried Minute Menu for a short while because it just didn't have certain features QB does and I didn't want to waste my time. I prefer QB because:
-It automatically tracks my mileage. When I have a minute, I just note whether it was business or personal.
-You can link it to your bank account and create rules so it automatically sorts things (business, personal, or t/s).
-At the time, I felt the categories in QB better reflected my spending and the way my accountant wanted to see things sorted.
Are you able to give the parents receipts/reports for the year?
LittleScholars 09:17 AM 04-05-2017
Originally Posted by TwinMama:
Are you able to give the parents receipts/reports for the year?
Currently, I use Brightwheel for billing, and parents have access to a full year end report. Until recently, BW was free, so that was a better option. Once they start charging a processing fee I'll look into QB and report back.
Tags:accounting software, software for daycares
Reply Up