Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Are You Excluding?
Valerie928 01:20 PM 11-23-2020
I am excluding dcg 4 tomorrow because she has cold symptoms and because right now I exclude for all the things. My question is should I also exclude her younger sibling who right now has no symptoms? My gut says yes. Are you guys doing stricter than strict right now or am I being crazy?
e.j. 01:27 PM 11-23-2020
I'm excluding siblings, too, right now. I don't think you're being crazy. The case counts continue to rise and with some people being asymptomatic, it's hard to know if they have it or not without a test.
Blackcat31 01:30 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by Valerie928:
I am excluding dcg 4 tomorrow because she has cold symptoms and because right now I exclude for all the things. My question is should I also exclude her younger sibling who right now has no symptoms? My gut says yes. Are you guys doing stricter than strict right now or am I being crazy?
I am being SUPER strict. I can't afford (mentally or physically) not to be.

I'd go with your gut. What IF DCK with symptoms DOES have COVID and you allowed sibling to attend?

I empathize with parents and let them know I totally understand how hard this is but we have to be extra careful right now as more than ever ONE family's situation impacts everyone's and in much bigger ways than in previous years (ie Non-COVID times)

It's a tough call but just let DCM know you are doing your absolute best trying to make sure everyone is safe and healthy.
Valerie928 02:40 PM 11-23-2020
Thanks ladies 🙂
springv 03:23 PM 11-23-2020
I would definately not allow the children to attend tomorrow or until they are symptom free.
Former Teacher 05:54 PM 11-23-2020
I had a hair appointment Saturday with a new stylist that my sister recommended. I had to call her to tell her that I arrived so she could tell me which entrance to go in.

When I called she said she would leave it up to me but she was exposed to COVID. She was on her 10th day. She had tested positive but she was having ZERO symptoms. However that morning she started having a runny nose.

I told her that since I care for 2 babies I didn't want to risk anything and that I appreciated her telling me. She didn't have to tell me since it was her 10th day. So we just rescheduled for December.
kendallina 08:27 PM 11-24-2020
If anyone in the family has symptoms, the child stays home.
Tags:illness policy, illness policy - coronavirus, sick policy
Reply Up