Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Natural, Holistic and RAW Lifestyle

Natural, Holistic and RAW Lifestyle If you know something unconventional that works for you, share it here.

Old 01-04-2015, 08:50 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Essential Oils?

Does anyone use Essential Oils? I use them for my family and would like to incorporate diffusing them with my FCC kids. Has anyone tried this?
Old 01-05-2015, 02:44 AM
Family Childcare Provider

I diffuse EO's, Lavendar or other blends Wake Up & Tranquillity. I also have a roller ball of jojoba oil and a Breathe blend to roll on their necks during coughs. I've only done that with myself and one other child but I have used a Lavendar coconut oil for massage and diaper rash on all the kids.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

Wink oils

Only if everyone is on board with diffuser because it is a form of therapy I would have documentation too. Just in case of allergy with any form of oil. Some find lavender offensives. I use oils but I have to really be clear and I don't use diffuser with certain families children are around that don't share my beliefs. My diffuser is atomizer so it can get strong.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:26 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

More threads on Essential Oils: https://daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=essential+oils
Old 01-22-2015, 09:04 AM
Daycare.com Member

I use doTerra Essential oils for my family and daycare!! All the parents are on board or have them in their home too! I make roller bottles for the families who dont of the On Guard too so kids dont come sick It has really helped with sickness this year for everyone! I use the On Guard cleaner and diffuse On Guard everyday along with oils like wild orange or citris bliss!
Old 01-25-2015, 06:41 PM
New Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiningstar View Post
Does anyone use Essential Oils? I use them for my family and would like to incorporate diffusing them with my FCC kids. Has anyone tried this?
I love my essential oils, I use young living my favorites include thieves, peace and calming, lavender, peppermint and the citrus oils!
Old 04-17-2015, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up oils

I work at a group center with 6 classrooms. Currently there are 3 classrooms that diffuse oils regularly. We all use Young Living. We have 1 mom that got us all started and her 2 children regularly come 'oiled' up. She has left a roller ball for us to use on her children to help calm them down if they are having stressful days.

I diffused thieves during a horrible stomach flu outbreak. Neither I nor my assistant got sick. I also had been diffusing lavender over the winter since we couldn't get outside and my center has no large area for my group of 8 toddlers to run off their energy.

I love my oils and find them very helpful in my classroom.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:33 AM
clnserviceatlanta

I am surprized by the fact that people have not heard about essential oils. I always advice my friends first to try to cure their children with essential oils and if they don't help, then to try antibiotics or other hard medicine. In the internet there are a lot of recipes on how to use them.

Tags
essential oils