Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>For Those That Have A Website
Michelle 12:43 PM 01-04-2012
I have a website and it tells me when people have seen it.
It tells me what city, how many times they looked and what pages they looked at.

Just had a question, why on earth would someone from China and Russia be looking for childcare here?
It wasn't just once, it was 20-30 times.
godiva83 12:47 PM 01-04-2012
Maybe they are moving to where you live?
Maybe getting ideas on how to do a website or child care ideas?
Do you have a blog or post ideas at all?
Michelle 12:50 PM 01-04-2012
no, just a lot of pictures and it's creepy that so many people can see them...I know that's sorta the point of advertising and having a website I just don't like it.
daycare 12:56 PM 01-04-2012
what company do you use and is it a paid site?

I get those scammers all the time from craigs list that and from my site too that will tell me that their child is coming to the states for 3 weeks blah blah blah....lol

Also, believe it or not...and I can vogue for this.... A lof of other counties want to offer "American style services"

it is a dream of a lot of people to go to america, let alone to live in THE usa..

It was once my dream and it came true..... NOt putting anyone on here down, but despite the issues america has, Americans have it very very good....

I would be a little flattered if I there were other people from afar looking at my site.....

I could be wrong, but lets try to look at the positive side of it...lol
Michelle 01:03 PM 01-04-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
what company do you use and is it a paid site?

I get those scammers all the time from craigs list that and from my site too that will tell me that their child is coming to the states for 3 weeks blah blah blah....lol

Also, believe it or not...and I can vogue for this.... A lof of other counties want to offer "American style services"

it is a dream of a lot of people to go to america, let alone to live in THE usa..

It was once my dream and it came true..... NOt putting anyone on here down, but despite the issues america has, Americans have it very very good....

I would be a little flattered if I there were other people from afar looking at my site.....

I could be wrong, but lets try to look at the positive side of it...lol
Yea this is possible! I feel a little better now and I have the same problem with CL ..I am so tired of these emails.
My personal favorite is when they say they are a doctor. They don't capitalize their i"s and their first names and it's almost always an offer of $500 per week etc.

Oh, and I use vista print and yes I'm stupid enough to pay $23 per month for it but I just about ended up in the loony bin making this one website... so I'm sorta stuck
daycare 01:08 PM 01-04-2012
Originally Posted by Michelle:
Yea this is possible! I feel a little better now and I have the same problem with CL ..I am so tired of these emails.
My personal favorite is when they say they are a doctor. They don't capitalize their i"s and their first names and it's almost always an offer of $500 per week etc.

Oh, and I use vista print and yes I'm stupid enough to pay $23 per month for it but I just about ended up in the loony bin making this one website... so I'm sorta stuck
wow thats a lot...I was doing that at first too

I paid for a domain name for yola and got a silver website for $125.00 for 3 years. This means that my domain name is mine and secure for that period of time.

I can share mine with you if you want to see it....;.but its messy right now....lol or at least I think so..
mickey2 01:54 PM 01-04-2012

Wow Michelle, that is a lot of money! I use homestead.com and it is $4.99 per month. It is very easy to use and they offer all kinds of support. They even call you occasionally to see if everything is working out and they can offer any help. I paid for 2 years and it is about to expire in May. I am not sure if I will renew or not when it comes due again as I am full until 2016 and I then plan to retire from providing full-time childcare and just care for my grandchildren. I will be 51 by then. Right now I am full to capacity with 5 full time children plus my 2 year old grandson. 4 of my past moms with children who all left to go to school just had babies. One wants to return this May, Two more in September, One next November and one pregnant mom is due next May so May 2013 for this last one.

Homestead is also the same as what you describe, you can see who, when, how long your site has been viewed, which pages etc.

I have never advertised my site I only used it for sending out to prospective families as mostly everything about me and what I offer are there.

If you would like to see my website pm me and I will send the link.
SilverSabre25 02:23 PM 01-04-2012
I use weebly.com and it's free...
melissa ann 02:24 PM 01-04-2012
I use webs.com and that too is free.
Free is good
small_steps 03:08 PM 01-04-2012
I use vistaprint also but I have the basic package that is $9.99 and that package offers enough for me.
I agree with daycare. I'm sure if some of the providers on here have posted their websites before they will see a visit from thousands of miles away (me from Texas) lol because I'm always visiting for more ideas.
Michelle 03:37 PM 01-04-2012
wow thats a lot...I was doing that at first too

I paid for a domain name for yola and got a silver website for $125.00 for 3 years. This means that my domain name is mine and secure for that period of time.

I can share mine with you if you want to see it....;.but its messy right now....lol or at least I think so..
I would love to see it!
Michelle 03:39 PM 01-04-2012
Originally Posted by small_steps:
I use vistaprint also but I have the basic package that is $9.99 and that package offers enough for me.
I agree with daycare. I'm sure if some of the providers on here have posted their websites before they will see a visit from thousands of miles away (me from Texas) lol because I'm always visiting for more ideas.
Yes, I know I have had Michael critique it and he gave me some good suggestions.. I look at others to get ideas too.
Michael 06:20 PM 01-04-2012
China and Russia are spammers. Most likely they are spidering through the database of your website provider. If you saw how many IPs I block from those countries everyday you would understand.
DaisyMamma 07:05 AM 01-06-2012
This is most likely the case if you have your website advertised on craigslist. I get these emails all the time too.
Michelle 08:25 PM 01-06-2012
Originally Posted by Michael:
China and Russia are spammers. Most likely they are spidering through the database of your website provider. If you saw how many IPs I block from those countries everyday you would understand.
Wow, I didn't know that, will it affect my computer?
or are they looking to do identity theft?
justgettingstarted 09:38 PM 01-06-2012
no, just a lot of pictures and it's creepy that so many people can see them...I know that's sorta the point of advertising and having a website I just don't like it.
This is why I don't put pics of kids on my site or in my CL ads - only pics of my facility. I think its creepy that anyone could be looking at pics of my son or my DCKs. My mom worked in law enforcement in a division that handled missing and exploited children, she's made me very paranoid
Michelle 11:30 AM 01-07-2012
Originally Posted by thinkinboutstarting:
This is why I don't put pics of kids on my site or in my CL ads - only pics of my facility. I think its creepy that anyone could be looking at pics of my son or my DCKs. My mom worked in law enforcement in a division that handled missing and exploited children, she's made me very paranoid
yea, I think I will take the pictures off
Tags:website
Reply Up