Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Should I Have A Website For My Child Care Biz?
rhondawarren 08:02 AM 03-16-2012
Before doing Child Care I have been into Internet Marketing. So ... Im kind of Internet Marketing savvy so of course my first thought was hmmm ... I wonder if I should design a website for my Child Care business.

Do you all feel this would be helpful or really a waste??
cheerfuldom 08:09 AM 03-16-2012
I think it depends on how large your daycare is and how much traffic you are wanting to create. For instance, I take a max of four children in my care and have no need for a website or Facebook. I advertise by signs or by Craigslist. BUT a website can be helpful to current parents to give updates, have access to your policies, etc.
rhondawarren 08:24 AM 03-16-2012
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I think it depends on how large your daycare is and how much traffic you are wanting to create. For instance, I take a max of four children in my care and have no need for a website or Facebook. I advertise by signs or by Craigslist. BUT a website can be helpful to current parents to give updates, have access to your policies, etc.

I currently am only taking 5 kids. But I think some people use their website too update for the parents too. But not really sure that I need one. I also advertise on craigslist, yard signs and stuff. So not sure if I will make one or not.
cheerfuldom 08:32 AM 03-16-2012
I would go with just an FB page then....
daycare 08:37 AM 03-16-2012
I dont do any kind of FB, but I made my own and it has been how just about all of my clients have found me.

If you want I can PM it to you and you take take a peek at it...
rhondawarren 08:41 AM 03-16-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
I dont do any kind of FB, but I made my own and it has been how just about all of my clients have found me.

If you want I can PM it to you and you take take a peek at it...
Sure Id like to take a peak of it. I dont get on FB much because it became such a time waster for me lol. So I try to stay away from it
daycare 08:44 AM 03-16-2012
Sorry, had to mention you are very pretty and you have great looking kids....Too cute!!! Hope Idont come off sounding like a werido..lol

BTW, just a word of advice, this form is public info and anyone can read our post. SO a lot of us choose to remain anonymous ans not share pics of ourself.... I am one of those..lol I'll pm you my website...
Blackcat31 08:52 AM 03-16-2012
Here is a sticky thread about web-sites https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35323
rhondawarren 09:02 AM 03-16-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
Sorry, had to mention you are very pretty and you have great looking kids....Too cute!!! Hope Idont come off sounding like a werido..lol

BTW, just a word of advice, this form is public info and anyone can read our post. SO a lot of us choose to remain anonymous ans not share pics of ourself.... I am one of those..lol I'll pm you my website...
Thank you very much thats very nice of you. I actually have three beautiful babies

Thanks for the warning but, I am in Internet Marketing and have been for over ten years so my name is already all over the internet
Thanks though, I totally understand!
rhondawarren 09:03 AM 03-16-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Here is a sticky thread about web-sites https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35323

Thanks so much! I will definately check that out!
MamaBear 09:05 AM 03-16-2012
My website got me a lot of business. I think it is a good idea.
daycare 09:06 AM 03-16-2012
Originally Posted by rhondawarren:
Thank you very much thats very nice of you. I actually have three beautiful babies

Thanks for the warning but, I am in Internet Marketing and have been for over ten years so my name is already all over the internet
Thanks though, I totally understand!
NIce, I was just pertaining to this site... I also have my name all over the internet due to the daycare. BUT I just don't care to have parents come here to read my stuff I post.

None of it is bad. I am usually here looking for advise.. AND as you can see by the number of post I have, I needed a lot of help.,...lol
rhondawarren 09:08 AM 03-16-2012
Originally Posted by MamaBear:
My website got me a lot of business. I think it is a good idea.

With me being computer savvy, I kinda am partial to having a website lol
jen2651 09:32 AM 03-16-2012
I have a website, i created it through homestead (but you already know how to do it) and it was really easy. Personally, I think it is worth the $20/month it costs me. I live in a really small town and am rather new to the community (well, we have lived her for 5 years but both worked out of town) and I know I never would have gotten full if it wasn't for my website. I spent lots of time figuring how to make google 'find me' so I am one of the first sites when you google my town. It has really helped me.
DBug 10:21 AM 03-16-2012
If you already know what you're doing, a website is a great idea. I find most parents have already gone through my website very thoroughly and know my routines, rates, policies, etc. before we even have the interview. It's also one of the first few names that come up when you google daycare in our little town, so I get alot of business that way. I've built up a good waiting list many times over because of inquiries through the website.

Mine is totally free -- the website through wix.com and the free domain name through dot.tk

For the sake of shameless self-promotion (or for sparking your own ideas ), my daycare site is here: www.doodlebugs.tk.
Sugar Magnolia 10:29 AM 03-16-2012
I have a website. When I first made it, it got no traffic. So I had a.d.window cling for my car made, and traffic really increased. Then I had a banner for the website made that is on my building and traffic went through the roof and I really started getting clients from it. A.d.website is kinda useless if you don't have a way to advertise it. My facebook page had 773 visits last month,.so I consider it an asset as well.
rhondawarren 10:39 AM 03-16-2012
I am thinking I may go ahead and create one since I built and run websites all of the time for my Internet Marketing that I might as well have one to market my child care as well
WImom 11:13 AM 03-16-2012
I've had so many clients coment that they loved looking over my website first. So I'd say go for it!
rhondawarren 11:16 AM 03-16-2012
Originally Posted by WImom:
I've had so many clients coment that they loved looking over my website first. So I'd say go for it!
Great thanks!!
Sprouts 01:28 PM 03-16-2012
Definitely do a website! And I am sure you already know about google Adwords and stuff, that really helped me out.
spud912 02:03 PM 03-16-2012
Originally Posted by jen2651:
I have a website, i created it through homestead (but you already know how to do it) and it was really easy. Personally, I think it is worth the $20/month it costs me. I live in a really small town and am rather new to the community (well, we have lived her for 5 years but both worked out of town) and I know I never would have gotten full if it wasn't for my website. I spent lots of time figuring how to make google 'find me' so I am one of the first sites when you google my town. It has really helped me.
How did you do that? I have been trying to put my child care on Google Maps forever and have had no luck.

OP: I run a small daycare and love my website! I have a password-protected blog that I post daycare pictures for the parents to view.
GoodKarma 08:11 AM 03-19-2012
In my area websites are the best form of advertisement. I get SO many more calls now than I did before I had a website. I even get calls when my website states that I don't have any openings. They'll say " I know you don't have any openings, but..."
rhondawarren 11:08 AM 03-19-2012
Originally Posted by GoodKarma:
In my area websites are the best form of advertisement. I get SO many more calls now than I did before I had a website. I even get calls when my website states that I don't have any openings. They'll say " I know you don't have any openings, but..."

Thats great! Ive decided I will create a site for my child care. I think that I will put it to good use for my business. Thanks for your input everyone
Tags:website
Reply Up