Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Do You Display Your Daycare Liscense?
sahdaycaremom 07:35 AM 08-27-2010
How do you display your daycare liscense?? I have to have my license, cpr certification, fire escape plan and several other things where people can see it. I currently have them tacked to a cork board hanging in my kitchen. I think it makes my kitchen look "tacky" was wondering how you all display yours? Do you have them framed? I am looking for a nice way to display them. Thanks
Childminder 08:40 AM 08-27-2010
I have them in sheet protectors inside the same notebook as my attendance/time sheets by the front door. The license is in the clear pocket that is on the front of the notebook. I agree, the stuff if tacky looking hanging up in MY HOME.
MommyMuffin 08:40 AM 08-27-2010
In my foyer I have a cork board that I post menu, birthdays, and crp, licenses ect. My child care license and nursing license are in silver heavy duty frames, they look nice, I dont want to hang those in the foyer though.
For the fire drills and safety information, I have a tall wooden shoe rack that has a table on the top and I have a small 3 ring binder with attendence sheets and all the safety information. We just need to have it handy if someone wants to see it. When the basement is finished for my daycare I will have it up down there and then I can have my foyer back to normal. It doesnt bug me to have it in my foyer because I am proud of it, but in the future it will be nice to just close the door at the end of the day and have all the daycare stuff out of sight.
I know a provider who just has her license in a frame and it is hanging on the wall in her living room, it looks good. But it would not look good in my living room.
caitlin 06:26 PM 08-27-2010
I bought frames from the dollar store and used them to hang my license, and other things that need hung. Everything hangs close to the cubbies, and sign in and out area.
QualiTcare 09:29 PM 08-27-2010
Originally Posted by Childminder:
I have them in sheet protectors inside the same notebook as my attendance/time sheets by the front door. The license is in the clear pocket that is on the front of the notebook. I agree, the stuff if tacky looking hanging up in MY HOME.
that's exactly what i was going to suggest.
SunflowerMama 03:25 AM 08-28-2010
I have a small bulletin board near my entry with the menu and 2 other items from licensing and then next to it in 4 frames I have my license, director's license, last inspection report and a 4th frame for my Eco-Healthy certificate when it arrives.
Christophina 12:37 PM 08-28-2010
Originally Posted by Childminder:
That's a good idea. I was worried about cluttering up my walls more than they already are in my foyer. I am think I am going to do that!!
MarinaVanessa 02:59 PM 08-28-2010
I have my DC set up so that it's easy to take everything down and out of sight in case I decide to entertain and I don't want people seeing all of the DC stuff (like tonight ). I had also thought that it looked tacky to post a huge board with a bunch of papers on it so I bought a nice frame at Target in black (our furniture is black and oak) with four windows. It was perfect because I can post my license, CPR, first aid and preventative health & safety certificates in the same frame which looks very nice so I don't have to take these down. The license itself fits perfectly in the larger window and the three smaller certificates (all from the Red Cross) fit in the smaller windows. I just added a nice gold paper from the scrapbook department at Michaels to somewhat match our couch and walls (they're beige) and added the white decorations on the corners as accents to make it pop and add a little more elegance.

I still have to figure out what to do with the emergency information sheet that (in CA) has to be posted. It's an actual form so even if I put that in a frame the form itself looks tacky so I stuck it on the wall above my phone in my kitchen so that no one sees it. My emergency plans are in a binder so if I ever need to I can just grab it and go since I am not required to post it.
Tags:license displayed
Reply Up